Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

in that case it should be like this here, I tried this already, I will try again

I don't think it's a good idea to work on the .aml file. You should work on the .dsl file.

I don't think it's a good idea to work on the .aml file. You should work on the .dsl file.
thats what I meant to post, I did this and still got the same results in ioreg.. am I not mapping them correctly? do I need to change something else? I'm just lost at this point.. and whats odd you would think with the wrong config in SSDT it would KP but it doesn't affect anything, so is it actually being injected?

thats what I meant to post, I did this and still got the same results in ioreg.. am I not mapping them correctly? do I need to change something else? I'm just lost at this point.. and whats odd you would think with the wrong config in SSDT it would KP but it doesn't affect anything, so is it actually being injected?

You didn't map any SS ports. You should probably start fresh. There's barely anything mapped on this one. Read his directions again or use the guide I used. It's linked in post #1.

It might not cause a kernel panic but your USB ports won't be working right. As things are, all you have are 14 USB2 ports and one USB3.1 gen 2 port.

Follow the guides.

You didn't map any SS ports. You should probably start fresh. There's barely anything mapped on this one. Read his directions again or use the guide I used. It's linked in post #1.

It might not cause a kernel panic but your USB ports won't be working right. As things are, all you have are 14 USB2 ports and one USB3.1 gen 2 port.

Follow the guides.
should it still be showing these?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 11.00.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 11.00.46 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
I read that someone posted that 10.13.4 beta 1 dropped the restriction for 15 ports. If this is true, may God bless Apple. :lol:
Oh, that would be WONDERFUL!!!

New problem - I can't get into my account.

Whilst trying to solve my no wake after sleep Problem I installed csmVideoDxe with the Clover Configurator and save my config.plist. When I rebooted the screen turns grey where the login-screen is supposed to be.

When booting in safe mode I get into my account, BUT in safe mode I can not mount the EFI partition to undo the install... I tried terminal, EFI mounter and clover configurator - all cannot mount the EFI partition.

Any idea what I could do?

New problem - I can't get into my account.

Whilst trying to solve my no wake after sleep Problem I installed csmVideoDxe with the Clover Configurator and save my config.plist. When I rebooted the screen turns grey where the login-screen is supposed to be.

When booting in safe mode I get into my account, BUT in safe mode I can not mount the EFI partition to undo the install... I tried terminal, EFI mounter and clover configurator - all cannot mount the EFI partition.

Any idea what I could do?

Use your USB flash drive installer to boot in to your system drive.

Use your USB flash drive installer to boot in to your system drive.

Thank you, that way I can get into my system. I tried undoing my changes with the Clover Configurator, but no Luck. I even downloaded your EFI folder again to back to the initial one that worked, but no luck. Whenever I try to boot off just my SSD I get a grey screen. If I boot in verbose, I still end at a grey screen.

Booting Clover off the USB and selecting my SSD works fine though?!?

Edit: What weird is that since my misshapen the Asus ROG screen with the F2 / Del Bios message is staying on 20-30 seconds before going to clover rather than the usual 2-3 seconds.

Thank you, that way I can get into my system. I tried undoing my changes with the Clover Configurator, but no Luck. I even downloaded your EFI folder again to back to the initial one that worked, but no luck. Whenever I try to boot off just my SSD I get a grey screen. If I boot in verbose, I still end at a grey screen.

Booting Clover off the USB and selecting my SSD works fine though?!?

Edit: What weird is that since my misshapen the Asus ROG screen with the F2 / Del Bios message is staying on 20-30 seconds before going to clover rather than the usual 2-3 seconds.

If you've copied over the EFI folder on your system drive, then csmVideoDxe is gone. Something else is giving you your problems.

Maybe the following will be helpful for you: [GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems | tonymacx86.com

Back