Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

could it be a problem with nvram? i see it is associated with loading nvidia drivers, my clover config has nvram emulation disabled - change 1 in your build says it is running native nvram with these mobos...

just trying to think that could explain the irregularity - driver fails to load once in awhile maybe? but always after sleep.. seems weird possibly unrelated to me.

Z370 has working NVRAM. No need to emulate it.

Stalled at the same place, but i'll try again just to be sure

Just booted from cold and reconfirmed the correct EFI folder, but still the same stall.
BTW the EZmode works now on the BIOS, any connection?

What is EZmode?

not really important, it's one of the setting in the UEFI screens for this MoBo, i wanted to check the temps, and that's a quicker way than the monitor screen, it was just something i noted

not really important, it's one of the setting in the UEFI screens for this MoBo, i wanted to check the temps, and that's a quicker way than the monitor screen, it was just something i noted

You got the "apfs_module_start 1689". That typically implies that you need SSDT-EC but it's already in the EFI...

i started with debug mode on, and see the 1689 module start, followed by Kext com.apple.filesystem.apfs is now started, and following that ...loaded
so that seems correct

i started with debug mode on, and see the 1689 module start, followed by Kext com.apple.filesystem.apfs is now started, and following that ...loaded
so that seems correct

After that, it should go in to the installer.

It has been sitting on that verbose screen for 5ish minutes
stopped at the SMCSuperIO line

IDK if this is related, but there was a similar build that had an EFI that got thru to the Disk Utility part of the installer, it was in this thread, #299355 post #5
maybe it has something that I needed?

It has been sitting on that verbose screen for 5ish minutes
stopped at the SMCSuperIO line

Wait... The image you posted showed that it got stuck at apfs_module_start 1689...

IDK if this is related, but there was a similar build that had an EFI that got thru to the Disk Utility part of the installer, it was in this thread, #299355 post #5
maybe it has something that I needed?

Oh damn. You're on Z390!! I thought you were on Z370...

Don't use this EFI. Use the EFI from my Z390 thread, post #4.

Back