Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just got my mobo! Shifted over from my old bazooka build and POST is non-existent...

CPU LED lights up instantly moving off to DRAM and then stays there and machine runs and then no video output at all. All fans move.

The video shown above show an AIO cooler. I switched it to a traditional one, the fan moves but same issue.

Just got my mobo! Shifted over from my old bazooka build and POST is non-existent...

CPU LED lights up instantly moving off to DRAM and then stays there and machine runs and then no video output at all. All fans move.

The video shown above show an AIO cooler. I switched it to a traditional one, the fan moves but same issue.

Is that the RAM LED that's lit orange?

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 12.26.55 PM.png

Yes. i9 9900K, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200Mhz 4 x 8GB.

Changing to other RAM sticks didn't work. Re-sitting tested. Attempt with single stick as well.

Has the BIOS been updated to add support for 9th gen CPUs?

Has the BIOS been updated to add support for 9th gen CPUs?
Missed that out... Is there anyway to flash without a non-9th gen CPU?? my old 8th gens are with my relatives already..

Missed that out... Is there anyway to flash without a non-9th gen CPU?? my old 8th gens are with my relatives already..

I do not know of any way to update the BIOS without an 8th gen CPU.

Hi @pastrychef
I tried your new OC 0.5.9, very fast !!!
Unfortunately, this version also does not work for me, I lose the use of all USB ports including Bluetooth.
I have tried my USBPorts.kext and it doesn't work.
I also tried your USBPorts.kext and it doesn't work.
Fortunately with a USB stick with OC 0.5.7 Z370G I was able to easily boot and restore the old EFI 0.5.7 without reinstalling again.
I can't understand what breaks USB and Bluetooth.

Hi @pastrychef
I tried your new OC 0.5.9, very fast !!!
Unfortunately, this version also does not work for me, I lose the use of all USB ports including Bluetooth.
I have tried my USBPorts.kext and it doesn't work.
I also tried your USBPorts.kext and it doesn't work.
Fortunately with a USB stick with OC 0.5.7 Z370G I was able to easily boot and restore the old EFI 0.5.7 without reinstalling again.
I can't understand what breaks USB and Bluetooth.

Please post your 0.5.9 EFI, the one with your USBPorts.kext.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 58
Back