Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK, now I'm in real trouble. I rRebooted to try the new EFI folder on the USB drive, but it took a really long time to boot. It showed some pink artifacts on the screen like halfway through (image attached) only to boot to a black screen. So I removed the USB drive, and it’s the same behavior with the old EFI! I can’t boot! Only enter a black screen. I can access the folders with another Mac on the network. So the computer is on but with a black screen on all ports of the RX 580.
Any ideas??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
Yes. It shows you are not using my EFI folder.
Silly me! I renamed the config.plist file when I added my a values and forgot to rename it back!
All good now!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Somehow I’ve done it again! I installed the last security patch and now I’m stuck at “End RandomSeed”

it doesn’t load any more
help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Somehow I’ve done it again! I installed the last security patch and now I’m stuck at “End RandomSeed”

it doesn’t load any more
help!

As per forum rules, please update your profile. I have no idea what hardware you are using...

As per forum rules, please update your profile. I have no idea what hardware you are using...

I missed the motherboard part. Sorry about that. Is the Asus ROG STRIX Z370-Gaming wi-fi AC with replaced Bluetooth card(bcm94360)

im using your latest efi folder

Last edited:
I missed the motherboard part. Sorry about that. Is the Asus ROG STRIX Z370-Gaming wi-fi AC with replaced Bluetooth card(bcm94360)

im using your latest efi folder

That should not happen with Z370. Check /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ and make sure you have either AptioMemoryFix or OcQuirks.

I have OcQuirks.plist no AptioMemoryFix

The Vega 56 is still a pretty solid performer, albeit a power hungry one...

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.37.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.22.21 PM.png

Achieved with custom PowerPlay Table and RadeonBoost.kext from here.

Last edited:
Back