Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi pastrychef,
I've installed OSX on my machine I have a questions:
my 17 8700k is currently recognised as unknown CPU? any idea?
My 1080TI works fine(no lag), but no G_Sync... ideas?
can you please explain to me whats all these login boot arg? -disablegfxfirmware -lilubetaall -igfxbeta -alcbeta -ngfxbeta shikigva=60

As I stated in post #1, the "unknown CPU" thing is strictly cosmetic. You can edit a plist and enter anything you like. I just never bothered.

I don't know about G-Sync. I've never used that feature.

-disablegfxfirmware fixes a slow boot issue on some IGPUs.
-lilubetall allows Lilu.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-igrxbet allows IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-alcbeta allows AppleALC.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-ngfxbeta allows NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-shikigva=60 turns on features of Shiki.kext. There is a link in post #1 that gives full explanation of what features the number corresponds to.

As I stated in post #1, the "unknown CPU" thing is strictly cosmetic. You can edit a plist and enter anything you like. I just never bothered.

I don't know about G-Sync. I've never used that feature.

-disablegfxfirmware fixes a slow boot issue on some IGPUs.
-lilubetall allows Lilu.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-igrxbet allows IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-alcbeta allows AppleALC.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-ngfxbeta allows NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to work with beta and/or unknown versions of macOS.
-shikigva=60 turns on features of Shiki.kext. There is a link in post #1 that gives full explanation of what features the number corresponds to.
thank you for the explanation: I have two issues left (I believe)
When the machine goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up, only the gpu wakes up, cpu fan doesn't even spin.
Could this be something to do with the USBs?
so I thought fixing the USB might fix the sleep, I followed the guide but ran into an issue,
two of my ports are ASMedia, so when I plugin a usb into the ports, none of the 26ports actually gets loaded (note HS10 has my wireless mouse and keyboard connected to it)
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 03.13.01.png

Instead, the usb is mapped to this location
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 03.14.46.png

There might be a fix I found on another site but Its not very clear how to install it, and I don't know if I'm allowed to add a link on here.... thoughts please?

thank you for the explanation: I have two issues left (I believe)
When the machine goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up, only the gpu wakes up, cpu fan doesn't even spin.
Could this be something to do with the USBs?
so I thought fixing the USB might fix the sleep, I followed the guide but ran into an issue,
two of my ports are ASMedia, so when I plugin a usb into the ports, none of the 26ports actually gets loaded (note HS10 has my wireless mouse and keyboard connected to it)
View attachment 321078
Instead, the usb is mapped to this location
View attachment 321079

There might be a fix I found on another site but Its not very clear how to install it, and I don't know if I'm allowed to add a link on here.... thoughts please?

I'm not sure. I've never encountered this before. I think you may need FakePCIID_XHCMux.kext.

You will be able to get much better help with this question in the following thread:
[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext | tonymacx86.com

And, yes, I would not be surprised at all that your sleep issues are due to USB.

One USB installer for all your hacks.

Have you been bitten by the bug and have gotten addicted to hackintoshing and have multiple hacks? Do you keep a USB macOS installer with EFI folders for each of your hacks?

I like keeping USB installers with known working EFI folders around in the event that something goes horribly wrong with my boot drive so that I can boot and make repairs. The problem was that I had multiple USB installers all serving the same purpose. But there's a better alternative. Make a single USB installer with an EFI folder with all the kexts and ACPI patches needed to boot each of my systems. Here's how to do it...

1. Create a USB macOS installer using UniBeast.​
2. On your working hack, boot up and, at the Clover boot menu, press F2.​
3. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/misc/.​
4. You will find a file named preboot.log. Open this file with TextEdit (any text editor will work but, for simplicity, I will just use TextEdit in these directions).​
5. Search (Command+F) for "Running on:"​
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 6.23.53 AM.png

6. Here, we will find the name used by the manufacturer of the motherboard for this particular model.​
Name.png

7. Copy (Command+C) this name without the parentheses.​
8. Create a new folder on your desktop and paste the name.​
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 6.32.35 AM.png

9. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and copy (Command+C) the (1) ACPI folder, (2) config.plist, and (3) kexts folder.​
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 6.36.45 AM.png

10. Paste (Command+V) those 3 items to the folder you just created on your desktop.​
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 6.40.40 AM.png

11. Repeat Steps 2-10 on all your hacks.​
12. Copy these folders from each of your hacks to the /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/ folder on your USB installer.​
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 7.15.21 AM.png

Congratulations. You now have a single USB macOS installer that can be used on all of your hacks.

*Notes:
  • This will only work if all your hacks use UEFI Clover and can boot from the same files in /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/.
  • This will only work if all your hacks use the standard macOS (as opposed to the special macOS builds for iMacPro1,1). It will also work if all of your hacks use the iMacPro1,1 build. As of macOS 10.13.4, Apple has unified the iMac Pro builds with the regular builds.
  • Sometimes the system product name will look like the following. Try with product name or board name. Either should work:
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 6.51.16 AM.png
Update:​
If your systems require different sets of Clover drivers, please follow the directions outline here.​

Last edited:
Hi.

If you are experiencing this right after a fresh install, I have to assume that it's hardware related because there's really no software installed to cause this.

You can try troubleshooting RAM by running with just one stick of RAM at a time. You can try troubleshooting the video card by running with the IGPU. Also, do not overclock CPU or RAM during this troubleshooting phase.

Well, it turns out that overclocking CPU is the issue. I have no idea why I can run quite stable in Windows with a overclocking CPU but not in macOS.

I go back to the normal profile and everything works fine now except one thing: DP and HDMI audio.

The first time when I installed the macOS, DP and HDMI audio all worked fine. However, when I restarted my computer, the DP and HDMI audio option just disappeared. Any idea to solve the problem?

Thanks again.

Well, it turns out that overclocking CPU is the issue. I have no idea why I can run quite stable in Windows with a overclocking CPU but not in macOS.

I go back to the normal profile and everything works fine now except one thing: DP and HDMI audio.

The first time when I installed the macOS, DP and HDMI audio all worked fine. However, when I restarted my computer, the DP and HDMI audio option just disappeared. Any idea to solve the problem?

Thanks again.

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext should get DP and HDMI audio working. Is audio working for you otherwise? Are the Nvidia web drivers working correctly? Did you install CodecCommander.kext?

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext should get DP and HDMI audio working. Is audio working for you otherwise? Are the Nvidia web drivers working correctly? Did you install CodecCommander.kext?

Audio works fine for me. Nvidia web driver is also good with the lastest version. I did install CodecCommander.kext in /Library/Extensions by kextbeast.

Audio works fine for me. Nvidia web driver is also good with the lastest version. I did install CodecCommander.kext in /Library/Extensions by kextbeast.

Hmm... That's weird. It should be working...

Try installing HDMIAudio.kext in to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
You can find HDMIAudio.kext attached to the bottom of this post.
This kext works for me on my HP Elite 8300.

Hmm... That's weird. It should be working...

Try installing HDMIAudio.kext in to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
You can find HDMIAudio.kext attached to the bottom of this post.
This kext works for me on my HP Elite 8300.

No luck... still not work... Well, I installed the soundflower once. Does it has something to do with it?

Back