Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey @pastrychef ! I have the same motherboard and CPU as you. My Radeon is a bit old-school compared to yours. I experience problems with wake on LAN. Could You managed to get it work? BIOS set up correctly, after using a bunch of guides, had to disable fast boot, and the ERP, and enabling power on by PCI-e ( for WOL ). The result is: if I shut down the computer before booting in macOS, I can wake on LAN it. But, if it booted to macOS, and pressed shutdown from macOS menu, it wont wake. With macOS shutdown, the network lights will not blink. (With button shutdown before macOS boots the network lights are blinking.) Turned off energy efficient networking, from network card properties, and set pmset -a networkoversleep 1 also. Same results. Saw a lot of settings for Windows, but on macOS cant find them. Any ideas on how can I get it to work?
Thanks.
PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Any chance you know how to make

work with open core?

Any chance you know how to make

work with open core?

I've tried the kextless 15 port limit fix on both my Z370 and Z390 with OpenCore and neither worked. The same SSDTs work fine in Clover. I don't know why.

I've tried the kextless 15 port limit fix on both my Z370 and Z390 with OpenCore and neither worked. The same SSDTs work fine in Clover. I don't know why.

Seemed to me like it should just work because the add portion of ACPI is pretty much auto merge right?

Security Update 2020-001 went smooth without any issues with EFI Unified r5.1.7 and it is now 10.14.6 (18G3020).

Seemed to me like it should just work because the add portion of ACPI is pretty much auto merge right?

That's what I thought too... But it doesn't work...

I have moved my i9-9900K and Radeon VII to my Gigabyte Z390 MG motherboard and am using an i5-9400F with my Asus Z370-G. Since there's not going to be any overclocking with the i5-9400F, I moved everything to a much smaller case. Meet my $34 DIYPC MA08-BK case (it's the smaller one on the right)...

IMG_0819.JPG

I was extremely surprised at the quality of this $27 (plus $7 for shipping and tax) case. Fit and finish might be better than my old Silverstone. Despite being so much smaller than my old Silverstone KL06, it manages to accommodate the ginormous PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 albeit just barely. Best of all, no glass or acrylic panels!!

Rank this case as highly recommended.

Last edited:
Hello Pastrychef
Could you look in my EFI. I have problem - after wake from sleep bluetooth are broken completly. Not working at all. Its greyed out and there's info bluetooth unavailable. And after Catalina upgrade i lost Apple Watch unlock.

Hello Pastrychef
Could you look in my EFI. I have problem - after wake from sleep bluetooth are broken completly. Not working at all. Its greyed out and there's info bluetooth unavailable. And after Catalina upgrade i lost Apple Watch unlock.

Do one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. You can't expect USB to work correctly with just the KextsToPatches.

Back