Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

As usual, I can't get there from here... Config/devices/audio has no "inject" and devices has no "properties".

Don't want to screw it up. (ie: is Inject a boolean or a number?) Can you point me to an actual text snippet?

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 8.24.47 PM.png

Thanks, PC. I'll give it a go. (You know, as an old (yeah, really old) programmer, I'm used to hand-coding, but one of these days, I'm going to have to start learning to use Configurator for more than just mounting EFIs.)

May I ask, is it fundamentally, choose "open" a config file; make some changes and then save it back out? Yeah...yeah I should just try it and see, eh?

Once again, my thanks.

Thanks, PC. I'll give it a go. (You know, as an old (yeah, really old) programmer, I'm used to hand-coding, but one of these days, I'm going to have to start learning to use Configurator for more than just mounting EFIs.)

May I ask, is it fundamentally, choose "open" a config file; make some changes and then save it back out? Yeah...yeah I should just try it and see, eh?

Once again, my thanks.

Yes. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator. Edit. Then save.

Thanks. Worked just fine. If I may....

your config has this Boot Argument string:

-alcbeta -lilubetaall debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 -wegbeta -no_compat_check slide=0 -vsmcbeta

I'm not asking you to explain them all. It would wear out your fingers probably. But is there any there I should/could remove?

Thanks. Worked just fine. If I may....

your config has this Boot Argument string:

-alcbeta -lilubetaall debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 -wegbeta -no_compat_check slide=0 -vsmcbeta

I'm not asking you to explain them all. It would wear out your fingers probably. But is there any there I should/could remove?

slide=0 helps with Aptio fixes and helps with NVRAM.
All the ones with "beta" all the kexts to work if/when you run a version of macOS not predefined to be compatible with the kexts.
debug=0x100 + keepsyms=1 help retain panic info if/when you encounter a kernel panic.

Well, the following would explain why Clover Configurator left me confused. It doesn't read my config file properly. It gets the first two items correct (ACPI and Boot) and everything else is completely blank.

In PlistEdit Pro, the file looks perfect to my eyes. I don't see any errors in XML formatting. But Clover Config simply chokes on it. it lists up to GUI, but everything after Boot is completely empty.

My plist has:
Root
ACPI
Boot
CPU
Devices
GUI
Graphics
KernelAndKextPatches
RtVariables
SMBIOS
SystemParameters

When Clover Configurator tries to open it, nothing happens, so I try again. This time it opens, but in the act of doing that it's truncated to:
Root
ACPI
Boot
CPU
Devices
GUI

Any idea what's going on, how to fix it, or who to contact?

slide=0 helps with Aptio fixes and helps with NVRAM.
All the ones with "beta" all the kexts to work if/when you run a version of macOS not predefined to be compatible with the kexts.
debug=0x100 + keepsyms=1 help retain panic info if/when you encounter a kernel panic.
Thanks. Sounds like they should stay in place then.

Well, the following would explain why Clover Configurator left me confused. It doesn't read my config file properly. It gets the first two items correct (ACPI and Boot) and everything else is completely blank.

In PlistEdit Pro, the file looks perfect to my eyes. I don't see any errors in XML formatting. But Clover Config simply chokes on it. it lists up to GUI, but everything after Boot is completely empty.

My plist has:
Root
ACPI
Boot
CPU
Devices
GUI
Graphics
KernelAndKextPatches
RtVariables
SMBIOS
SystemParameters

When Clover Configurator tries to open it, nothing happens, so I try again. This time it opens, but in the act of doing that it's truncated to:
Root
ACPI
Boot
CPU
Devices
GUI

Any idea what's going on, how to fix it, or who to contact?

Download my EFI again and use that config.plist. Add back the changes you made.

Got it pretty much all cleaned up, besides an apparently cosmetic thing, which I'll mention, only in case you've seen it: On the black/ white apple boot screen, in the upper left quadrant, I see (in white text) this:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

Seems to boot OK, so hopefully "it's a Catalina thing".

Thanks again for your guidance.

Back