Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Excellent, that you have a 390.

one thought: the boot arguments. My Mojave boot arguments are just for the Vega:
dart=0 shikigva=16

You provided boot arguments are:
-alcbeta -lilubetaall debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 -wegbeta -no_compat_check slide=0 -vsmcbeta

I have not got a clue what that's all about.

Should I try swapping them out (or is there something in that Greek-to-me string)

No. Don't worry about the boot arguments for now.

Can you try iMacPro1,1 system definition?

sure. is that just changing the ProductName or is there more to it?

EDIT: I changed the ProductName, to no avail.

I really don't know why you are getting a graphics error with Vega 64... That should be one of the easiest one's to use.

sure. is that just changing the ProductName or is there more to it?

EDIT: I changed the ProductName, to no avail.

Have you tried with IGPU disabled?

Have you tried with IGPU disabled?
Nope. This is all working fine with Mojave, so it's unlikely to be a hardware/bios thing. Further, if I have to disable IGPU, won't that affect my ability to generate H.264 H.265 videos? I have this machine specifically for working with FCPX.

Can you point me to the line in the verbose snapshot(s) that indicates the card error? I agree, just from observation, that you're probably correct, but I'd like to be able to recognize the line when I see it.

To my way of thinking, given that this is not a new install, and that I have an EFI folder that is working just fine under Mojave, the issue is with something else in EFI. It's not likely to be WhatEverGreen, or Lilu, since I'm running the exact same versions now, and there are no problems. So, I think that it's something else that is conflicting with them, either in the EFI folder, or in Catalina itself. If the latter, I'm SOL; if the former, perhaps I can (with your help) find it.

I'm now starting to think that I might want to mount the clone drive, boot from a Unibeast stick and I install a new Catalina onto the clone. See if that will get it to boot successfully. Although I've built and used the thumbdrive before, several times, I do not recall if I can actually choose the drive to install on... If so, then that may be the best approach, eh?

What do you think?

Nope. This is all working fine with Mojave, so it's unlikely to be a hardware/bios thing. Further, if I have to disable IGPU, won't that affect my ability to generate H.264 H.265 videos? I have this machine specifically for working with FCPX.

Can you point me to the line in the verbose snapshot(s) that indicates the card error? I agree, just from observation, that you're probably correct, but I'd like to be able to recognize the line when I see it.

To my way of thinking, given that this is not a new install, and that I have an EFI folder that is working just fine under Mojave, the issue is with something else in EFI. It's not likely to be WhatEverGreen, or Lilu, since I'm running the exact same versions now, and there are no problems. So, I think that it's something else that is conflicting with them, either in the EFI folder, or in Catalina itself. If the latter, I'm SOL; if the former, perhaps I can (with your help) find it.

I'm now starting to think that I might want to mount the clone drive, boot from a Unibeast stick and I install a new Catalina onto the clone. See if that will get it to boot successfully. Although I've built and used the thumbdrive before, several times, I do not recall if I can actually choose the drive to install on... If so, then that may be the best approach, eh?

What do you think?

I'm trying to figure out why you are getting the graphics error. Once you get past that, you can work on re-enabling IGPU.

I know it's not a hardware or BIOS issue. It's definitely a configuration issue.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. (The reason I asked about the line in the verbose screen shot is that I'm a retired computer programmer, so this stuff fascinates me. I was the first third party developer hired by Apple back in 1978, so I have some 40+ years of computer-time under my belt... and I couldn't find the line myself. Probably just too old... ;-)

Back soon with results for trying with the IGPU disabled...

Thanks, I'll give it a go. (The reason I asked about the line in the verbose screen shot is that I'm a retired computer programmer, so this stuff fascinates me. I was the first third party developer hired by Apple back in 1978, so I have some 40+ years of computer-time under my belt... and I couldn't find the line myself. Probably just too old... ;-)

Back soon with results for trying with the IGPU disabled...

The following is what indicates graphics error. This is quite common on hackintoshes. If you are able to boot with IGPU disabled, we may need to define ig-platform-id and device-id for your IGPU manually in your config.plist.

ScreenShot 2020-01-22 at 6.03.22 PM.jpg

Thanks for that. I had no luck with disabling IGPU. I did get the rash of purple lines from days gone by, followed by the same endless stream of AppleUSBHostPort enumeration failures... and it ended as it always has so far, unfortunately.

I did notice that your config has ten DSDT Patches in it. My config for Mojave does not have a Patches section. One of yours is "change GFX0 to IGPU". Could any of this have an effect?

-----edit
Well, shoot. I can no longer access my BIOS. The main boot screen never shows up. I've got to track this down, and will come back online when things are working again.

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef

don't get angry :think: ... in the last release of OpenCore 0.5.4 I think this string should be deleted because USBInjectAll.kext is not present in the Kext folder.

Schermata 2020-01-23 alle 21.24.38.png

I'm trying to use VegaTab_56.kext with OpenCore, I tried this way, but I'm not sure if it works or not.
I deleted the ExecutablePath string because this Kext doesn't have an executable.

Schermata 2020-01-23 alle 21.26.24.png

Back