Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi, for Christmas I received a nice LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD monitor as a gift. I really appreciated !!
A curiosity I'm using the DisplayPort as a connection and only version 1.1 works perfectly, on the contrary versions 1.2 and 1.4 are highly unstable. The reason is that I don't have a dedicated video card or is it the version 19.2 of my mac?
2019-12-27 18.17.28.jpg

Hi, for Christmas I received a nice LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD monitor as a gift. I really appreciated !!
A curiosity I'm using the DisplayPort as a connection and only version 1.1 works perfectly, on the contrary versions 1.2 and 1.4 are highly unstable. The reason is that I don't have a dedicated video card or is it the version 19.2 of my mac?
View attachment 442224

The motherboard should support DisplayPort 1.2... Maybe try a different cable?

The motherboard should support DisplayPort 1.2... Maybe try a different cable?
Thanks pastrychef, ... always ready.
I used the one supplied, I should buy a suitable one. Do you have any idea which one to take?

The only thing I can think of is to triple check that /EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi is there...

Maybe a CMOS reset can help...

Uhm, it's definitely there because if I select BOOT Override then it goes and boot from M.2 ... but when I restart, the system will go directly into the BIOS because it doesn't recognize the M.2 as bootable in fact the boot menu (as in pic) show the boot options as disabled. Even if the M.2 is listed... actually it's listed TWICE which is really weird...

Hey, not sure if you guys will be able to help me here, but hopefully someone could point me in the right direction.
I run a triple boot setup with my build (Mojave/Windows/Manjaro) all on different drives and Clover picks up all the entries fine.

However, when booting to Mojave, the screen goes completely blank when it gets to asking for the luks password to decrypt the volume. I can type it in blindly, and it will work, I just can't see anything until it boots. Has anyone experienced anything like this before with Clover?

Uhm, it's definitely there because if I select BOOT Override then it goes and boot from M.2 ... but when I restart, the system will go directly into the BIOS because it doesn't recognize the M.2 as bootable in fact the boot menu (as in pic) show the boot options as disabled. Even if the M.2 is listed... actually it's listed TWICE which is really weird...

Just a shot in the dark...

Try cloning your main system drive to another drive, including your EFI folder.
Initialize your M.2 again using Disk Utility to APFS/GUID.
Clone your main system drive back to the M.2.

Hey, not sure if you guys will be able to help me here, but hopefully someone could point me in the right direction.
I run a triple boot setup with my build (Mojave/Windows/Manjaro) all on different drives and Clover picks up all the entries fine.

However when booting to Manjaro the screen goes completely blank when it gets to asking for the luks password to decrypt the volume. I can type it in blindly and it will work, I just can't see anything until it boots. Has anyone experienced anything like this before with Clover?

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

I usually don't use Clover (or OpenCore) to boot in to Windows or Linux (I use Linux Mint, not Manjaro). I boot those operating systems via BIOS boot menu.

Initialize your M.2 again using Disk Utility to APFS/GUID.

NvmeExpressDxe.efi driver is it mandatory? ... this is my shot in the dark...

Or maybe might it be depending on M.2 firmware? It’s a Samsung 960 Pro... but if I try to update it, is it non-destructing?

Last edited:
NvmeExpressDxe.efi driver is it mandatory? ... this is my shot in the dark...

Or maybe might it be depending on M.2 firmware? It’s a Samsung 960 Pro... but if I try to update it, is it non-destructing?

No, you should not need NvmeExpressDxe.efi. This is only useful for extremely old motherboards.

I've never heard of anyone else having issues with Samsung 960 Pro firmware and this SSD has been around for a long time.

Try the cloning and initializing of the SSD. I have a feeling that will fix it.

Back