Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Did u see that video from Max Yuryev when he's testing new Mac Pro? At one point is doing a bench with the app Blackmagic RAW Speed Test (Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB) So the results are for Metal.
Mac Pro (2019) HD 1838 fps 4K 459 fps 6K 179 fps 8K 114 fps
My Hack with Radeon VII HD 1473 fps 4K 368 fps 6K 143 fps 8K 92 fps
Not that bad for a 600€ card vs 2880€ :) Curious to see the result with a 5700XT...

Please put this on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive to try.
I'm a courier and have been intense days of hard work, only now I have turned on my CustoMac and with your EFI it does not work, ... the same as before.

I'm a courier and have been intense days of hard work, only now I have turned on my CustoMac and with your EFI it does not work, ... the same as before.

The only major difference that I can think of is that I'm using a dedicated video card and you are not... I haven't done any testing with OpenCore on systems without a dedicated video card. I'll try to mess around with it in the next week or so...

The only major difference that I can think of is that I'm using a dedicated video card and you are not... I haven't done any testing with OpenCore on systems without a dedicated video card. I'll try to mess around with it in the next week or so...
Hi, I tried to use USBPorts.kext (previously created with hackintool) keeping in mind that this kext does not have an ExecutablePath, so I left the field empty in PlistEdit and in any case I did not receive errors, the system works well but I have not solved: after sleep freezes mouse, keyboard ....
ssdt-no.png
usbports.png

Everything the same as before.
With OC the old method using 'uia_exclude =' it worked well.
With Clover it works well using USBPorts.kext
I have to keep messing around

Last edited:
Hi, I tried to use USBPorts.kext (previously created with hackintool) keeping in mind that this kext does not have an ExecutablePath, so I left the field empty in PlistEdit and in any case I did not receive errors, the system works well but I have not solved: after sleep freezes mouse, keyboard ....
View attachment 441631View attachment 441632
Everything the same as before.
With the old method using 'uia_exclude =' it worked well, ...
I have to keep messing around

If you use the USBPorts.kext, do not use the SSDT for USB and delete USBInjectAll.kext.

If you use the USBPorts.kext, do not use the SSDT for USB and delete USBInjectAll.kext.
Yes, with Clover and USBPort.kext Sleep/Wake works well, eliminated SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext.
With OC, unfortunately, Sleep/Wake does not work, I also add that I lose the hardware acceleration on HEVC.

Yes, with Clover and USBPort.kext Sleep/Wake works well, eliminated SSDT and USBInjectAll.kext.
With OC, unfortunately, Sleep/Wake does not work, I also add that I lose the hardware acceleration on HEVC.

The problem is that my OpenCore EFI was made for systems with dGPU. I never tested it with IGPU only and should not be expected to work correctly without dGPU.

Finally have to come to you all for some help.

My system broke a couple of days ago and wouldn't boot after a couple of weeks of being suddenly unstable (lots of cpu panics). I got a circle with a line through it on the display when it finally quit.

I've tried to re-install onto a new partition to then run CCC to restore from backup, however, I couldn't get the installer to work using the same USB stick that I installed from to start with. I was pert way through the restore when the system had a cpu panic.

Since then, it will boot part way, either for the emergency partition or the real system. The real system fails as it is incomplete. The emergency one fails as the OpenCore EFI looks to be incompatible with High Sierra (which is what I have there).

Pressing Del to get into the BIOS settings to change the boot EFI now fails and I just get a blank screen when I try.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if the MB has failed.

Back