Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

That seems to introduce more issues. The Hub is recognized as USB2.0 (although it isn't - it's a USB-C). And while the Cam Link unit is seen, I'm prompted to remove a hub and/or connect to a USB 3.0 port.

That seems to introduce more issues. The Hub is recognized as USB2.0 (although it isn't - it's a USB-C). And while the Cam Link unit is seen, I'm prompted to remove a hub and/or connect to a USB 3.0 port.

Try applying one of the proper USB fixes. Here are my instructions. There are other methods and guides out there. Use which ever one you are most comfortable with.

If your hub continues to be seen as a USB 2 hub, I would suspect that the USB-A to USB-C adaptor that you are using is at fault. Also, try plugging that hub to the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports on back of computer.

I don't have any 9th gen processors because I won't upgrade any of the BIOS on my motherboards. I don't fix what ain't broken. I have a hack that would really like that 9th Gen i5 on sale for $199 though. I just don't really need it.

The Asus BIOS updates have been pretty good for this motherboard. None of them caused me any problems. One of the earlier updates fixed a RAM detection issue on macOS.

I picked up an i5-9400F a few months back for only $130. It was a really good bargain. Very good performance.

10.15.2 Update went smoothly.
The Mac screenshot feature that enables annotating (doodling) with the iPhone (not sure what's the name) started working fine, it was broken for me before.
Has anyone tried the Mac Pro SMBios? Curious to know what happens.

update.png

10.15.2 Update went smoothly.
The Mac screenshot feature that enables annotating (doodling) with the iPhone (not sure what's the name) started working fine, it was broken for me before.
Has anyone tried the Mac Pro SMBios? Curious to know what happens.

View attachment 440185

I never tried Mac Pro system definition.

Which browser were you using for Netflix and Prime?

So you are on macOS 10.15.2? Which EFI folder are you using?

Please post your EFI folder.

Safari.

I am now at 10.15.2 (unintentionally) and was actually able to get it booted by adding the boot arg agdpmod=pikera.

And now Netflix etc works as well :clap:

BUT my 580 Pulse which used to have some coil whine when scrolling on websites now has a slight permanent coil whine.

EFI attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 61
Safari.

I am now at 10.15.2 (unintentionally) and was actually able to get it booted by adding the boot arg agdpmod=pikera.

And now Netflix etc works as well :clap:

BUT my 580 Pulse which used to have some coil whine when scrolling on websites now has a slight permanent coil whine.

EFI attached

I'm surprised you need "agdpmod=pikera" for an RX 580.

You are using slightly older versions of Clover and kexts. It might be a good idea to update prior updating macOS again.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Apple TV+ should all be working for you.

I don't know how to fix coil whine.

Back