Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A II-1001
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi again! I recently posted regarding the TV-app that I got working using SMBIOS for iMac Pro. The issue I then got was that on wake after sleep the system crashed. I did a post on the "post-install>general help" forum but got no answers. I have now gone back to SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 where everything (except TV-app) worked fine. I have tried Darkwake with some different values but not all. If that would help with this issue. I have also unchecked all options in power saving menu with no difference. The closest I've gotten to is that it won't crash but instead simply freezes just after login load is finished requiring a manual reboot. Any suggestions on what to do?
Check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...900k-amd-vega-56.239969/page-816#post-2030826

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi again! I recently posted regarding the TV-app that I got working using SMBIOS for iMac Pro. The issue I then got was that on wake after sleep the system crashed. I did a post on the "post-install>general help" forum but got no answers. I have now gone back to SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 where everything (except TV-app) worked fine. I have tried Darkwake with some different values but not all. If that would help with this issue. I have also unchecked all options in power saving menu with no difference. The closest I've gotten to is that it won't crash but instead simply freezes just after login load is finished requiring a manual reboot. Any suggestions on what to do?

On my Z370-G, I never had to set any darkwake value.

Please post your EFI folder.

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Boot in to Grub shell and enter:
Code:
setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0

The address is same on BIOS F7 and F8.
Sorry man, I am asking too much thing maybe you overwhelmed, but I dont want to mess up anything. How to boot into a Grub shell? Grub shell and the shell.efi is not the same thing, right?

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

This is usually related with audio from iGPU and this is known issue with current AppleALC. If you are able to use audio using RX's DP/HDMI then you don't need AppleALC.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

The TV app is working just disable the IGPU on BIOS with SMBIOS 19,1.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The TV app is working just disable the IGPU on BIOS with SMBIOS 19,1.

Disabling IGPU on iMac19,1 system definition should break Quick Look and Preview.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is usually related with audio from iGPU and this is known issue with current AppleALC. If you are able to use audio using RX's DP/HDMI then you don't need AppleALC.

The KernelToPatch fix to address this is included in the config.plist on my latest Clover EFI.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The KernelToPatch fix to address this is included in the config.plist on my latest Clover EFI.

Just saying if anyone uses RX's audio using DP/HDMI then patches or AppleALC is not needed at all.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef I think I did it. Should I uncheck the KernelPm or leave it?

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 19.03.37.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 19.04.52.png