Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I am on Clover r5098 with latest VirtualSMC right now. These updates all helped get FileVault working with Catalina 10.15.1 + Clover.

I have not experienced any freezes yet.

Side note:
I updated the BIOS on my Z390 and updated to OpenCore 0.5.2. Reliability seems to have drastically improved. I don't know what they did to the BIOS, but I never see the "End Randomseed" boot error anymore.

Yea, that's what I'm worried about - it works on Opencore, but not so good on Clover....of course my hardware is much different being X299, I got panic cpu errors, so not sure yet what's going on.....btw, I've never seen a "End Randomseed" error on opencore, not ever, either on the Z370 or the X299. I've never had a slide failed error either on Opencore.

Now, if I could only figure out how to get the Booter menu to display only the entries I want it to display, I would use Opencore full time. I spent almost four hours reading the OC manual, trying different configurations, etc, and couldn't get it work the way it's supposed to.

Yea, that's what I'm worried about - it works on Opencore, but not so good on Clover....of course my hardware is much different being X299, I got panic cpu errors, so not sure yet what's going on.....btw, I've never seen a "End Randomseed" error on opencore, not ever, either on the Z370 or the X299. I've never had a slide failed error either on Opencore.

Now, if I could only figure out how to get the Booter menu to display only the entries I want it to display, I would use Opencore full time. I spent almost four hours reading the OC manual, trying different configurations, etc, and couldn't get it work the way it's supposed to.

The end randomseed thing is most prevalent on Z390 systems. Being to boot reliably on Z390 without having to resort to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is a huge deal.

I haven't even gotten to the point of messing with the booter menu yet. Lol. I just set it to show everything.

Last edited:
EFI looks fine, but you should disable/delete two more USB fixes.
View attachment 433196

I don't see anything that would prevent Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from working. I can only surmise that the adaptor or the BCM94360CS2 is defective.

Assuming that the BCM94360CS2 is actually broken, I went back to my TP-Link N900 for WiFi. I figured out how to get that working by reading this thread - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n900-not-working-after-install-mojave.257115/

To make it work, I had to download the 1080211Family.kext, and used KextBeast to install it. I had to restart a couple times but I now have WiFi again.

Thanks much, I will just give it a try and report. What are the changes?

Updated some kexts.
Disabled the USB 15 port limit KextsToPatches.
Removed SSDT-USBX.aml. (not needed because you have USBPorts.kext.)

@pastrychef

an out of topic question...
I'm trying to install a virtual machine of MacOS using Parallels.
All the installer work beautifully until I reach the point of selecting macOS install app into the installer itself.
I can run Disk Utility too.
After I run macOS installer app I get an error.
I tried with Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra I get the same error. I tried giving the file to Parallels so that it creates the image or giving it USB keys,.. no difference, same error.
I obviously run Windows 10 without any issue on the hardware.
I'm using Parallels 14.1.3 on a hugely stable Asus Rog Strix Z370-I which is not the issue.

Any idea why?

@pastrychef

an out of topic question...
I'm trying to install a virtual machine of MacOS using Parallels.
All the installer work beautifully until I reach the point of selecting macOS install app into the installer itself.
I can run Disk Utility too.
After I run macOS installer app I get an error.
I tried with Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra I get the same error. I tried giving the file to Parallels so that it creates the image or giving it USB keys,.. no difference.
I'm using Parallels 14.1.3 on a hugely stable Asus Rog Strix Z370-I which is not the issue.

Any idea why?

What is the error that you get?

I'm not familiar with Parallels but I'm pretty sure it works VMware Fusion... Please see this post.

Also, make sure that you have VT-x enabled in BIOS.

What is the error that you get?

I'm not familiar with Parallels but I'm pretty sure it works VMware Fusion... Please see this post.

Also, make sure that you have VT-x enabled in BIOS.
Thanks for your reply.

I have VT-d enabled. Dart=0 as boot argument.
But I mean, Virtualisation works great with Windows and any installer up to when I run the install app within the installer itself.

I've attached the image of the error.
BTW, I used those images countless times to install MacOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 19.32.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 19.32.23.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Thanks for your reply.

I have VT-d enabled. Dart=0 as boot argument.
But I mean, Virtualisation works great with Windows and any installer up to when I run the install app within the installer itself.

I've attached the image of the error.
BTW, I used those images countless times to install MacOS.

Ah!! Now I understand...

Please see the following article:

Ah!! Now I understand...

Please see the following article:
No don't tell me...
So basically when I install MacOS on a hackintosh the configuration skips that check?

And indeed, once downloaded the problem was solved.
Thanks so much!!

Back