Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just a side note on 10.15.1, for my systems, WEG 1.3.4 solved the black screen issues I was having....

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

I'll update the EFI folders before 10.15.1 is officially released.

Just some additional notes: I am on D-Beta 3 of 10.15.1 (man, is it better than 10.15.0......), and I do load it with the
-wegbeta boot tag....but, it's been working for both of my hacks, the Z370 and the X299

Hi,
Did apple stop seeding 10.15.1 beta 3? I enrolled in the Developer Seed Program but it saids my Mac is up to date - macOS Catalina 10.15. Any idea?

Hmm... That doesn't make sense... My Clover EFI folders and my OpenCore EFI folders use different USB fixes. I find it unlikely that two different methods are failing to work correctly.

The only thing that could prevent the USB fixes from working is if you were using iMac19,2 system definition because the version of USBInjectAll that I included in the EFI folders do not have any support for iMac19,2.

Please replace your config.plist with the one attached here. I made a minor change that will enable the USB 2 ports and still keep you within the 15 port limit.

Everything was working perfectly before the update to the latest EFI and MacOS 10.15, so I’m not sure why this is happening now. I'm on the 18,3 system definition, should I change it to something else? Also, the attached config.plist didn't seem to do anything :(.

Everything was working perfectly before the update to the latest EFI and MacOS 10.15, so I’m not sure why this is happening now. I'm on the 18,3 system definition, should I change it to something else? Also, the attached config.plist didn't seem to do anything :(.

iMac18,3 is fine. There's no to change.

Are you sure you're booting from the correct EFI partition?

Please download and run the attached IORegistryExplorer and post the output.

You can also try putting the OpenCore EFI on to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try booting from the USB flash drive to see if it makes any difference.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 51
Hi,
Did apple stop seeding 10.15.1 beta 3? I enrolled in the Developer Seed Program but it saids my Mac is up to date - macOS Catalina 10.15. Any idea?

I have no idea... I haven't tried the 10.15.1 beta.

Please try the suggestion posted here.

Yes, I believe Google corrected the Chrome issue. It's up to you if you want to disable SIP. I always leave it enabled.

On a Hackintosh, SIP should be disabled via config.plist.
Thanks, for some reason a have a ton of apps crashing if SIP is enabled.

Have you ever seen anyone reporting Audio Stutter/Glitch issues with external class-compliant Audio USB Interfaces? It's occasional but happens with both my audio interfaces, it started in Mojave but I thought I messed something up so I did a clean install for Catalina and it still happens :(
It's like a short eco, randomly 1 second or so of audio is repeated 3 or 4 times... I have no idea where to start looking to debug it.

Thanks, for some reason a have a ton of apps crashing if SIP is enabled.

Have you ever seen anyone reporting Audio Stutter/Glitch issues with external class-compliant Audio USB Interfaces? It's occasional but happens with both my audio interfaces, it started in Mojave but I thought I messed something up so I did a clean install for Catalina and it still happens :(
It's like a short eco, randomly 1 second or so of audio is repeated 3 or 4 times... I have no idea where to start looking to debug it.

It's weird that apps are crashing with SIP enabled... On real Macs, SIP is enabled by default and I'm pretty sure that most users never change the setting.

Yes, I have seen some people complain of issues with USB audio devices. The complaints I've seen are all for Catalina. I don't recall seeing these complaints for Mojave. I have not seen anyone post and fixes.

iMac18,3 is fine. There's no to change.

Are you sure you're booting from the correct EFI partition?

Please download and run the attached IORegistryExplorer and post the output.

You can also try putting the OpenCore EFI on to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try booting from the USB flash drive to see if it makes any difference.

I just tried the latest OpenCore on my install USB and everything seems to be working now. One question about OpenCore, do I have to select which drive to boot off of each time I boot up (I have quite a few drives attached and it shows me a list to choose from)?

Hi,

You might want to review the rules for this site, and in particular the following rule:

Software released thru the Apple Developer Program is restricted to paid developer members only and restricted by NDA. As such, this site does NOT support installation of any software released under this program nor discussion of it or any non-public information developers have access to.

You might want to pursue that question and discussion on another site....like the insanely one, for instance....

Back