Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ah... I didin't know you are on OpenCore... OpenCore is very different from Clover. You can not simply add/remove aml or kexts files.

If you use the OpenCore EFI, you should leave all the files as I have them configured and just enter your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. If you need to make changes to the USB configuration, you will have to:
  1. Add the 15 port limit patch config.plist.
  2. Remove the SSDT-USB.aml file from config.plist.
  3. Delete the SSDT-USB.aml file from /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  4. Create your new SSDT-USB.aml.
  5. Copy the new SSDT-USB.aml to /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
  6. Add the SSDT-USB.aml to your config.plist.
  7. Remove the 15 port limit patch from config.plist.

All of this is much more complicated that doing it with Clover and editing config.plist should be done with Xcode, Plist Edit Pro, or a good text editor.
Thank you pastrychef,
I'm back to Clover, which surely makes it easier to follow your advice.
I have enabled all the USB ports and with Hackintool I deleted those that I don't use until I get to 15, then I exported and created 3 files, I only used the SSDT-UIAC.aml file and renamed it to SSDT-USB.aml
This didn't work ..., maybe you need to put all 2 aml files in the patched folder.
At the moment I'm using without SSDT file and as in figure. This way the USBs work and the Sleep/Wake also.
patched.png

Thank you pastrychef,
I'm back to Clover, which surely makes it easier to follow your advice.
I have enabled all the USB ports and with Hackintool I deleted those that I don't use until I get to 15, then I exported and created 3 files, I only used the SSDT-UIAC.aml file and renamed it to SSDT-USB.aml
This didn't work ..., maybe you need to put all 2 aml files in the patched folder.
At the moment I'm using without SSDT file and as in figure. This way the USBs work and the Sleep/Wake also.
View attachment 431684

After you copy the SSDT-USB.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, you will need to disable all the USB port limit patches in config.plist > Kernel And Kexts Patches.

Either way works. I went about 13 years without doing a clean install. If you keep your system relatively clean, there's no reason why you can't just do an upgrade.

If you are using my EFI folder, you can update to the newest one.
  1. Make backups of everything.
  2. Download the latest EFI folder.
  3. Open your old config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  4. Copy your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
  5. Open the config.plist in the new EFI folder with Clover Configurator.
  6. Paste your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID to the new config.plist.
  7. Save.
  8. Replace your old EFI folder with the new EFI folder.
  9. Done.

Everythings seems working. Thank you very much! You are great!

I have updated the OpenCore EFI Folder.

Please remember, OpenCore is still considered in beta status...

After you copy the SSDT-USB.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, you will need to disable all the USB port limit patches in config.plist > Kernel And Kexts Patches.
Yes, I renamed the file SSDT-UIAC.aml to SSDT-USB.aml ,copy in /EFI/CLOVER /ACPI/patched/ and disabled all the USB port limit.
This didn't work.

Yes, I renamed the file SSDT-UIAC.aml to SSDT-USB.aml ,copy in /EFI/CLOVER /ACPI/patched/ and disabled all the USB port limit.
This didn't work.

Please post your EFI Folder.

Also, please post your IORegistryExplorer output.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 77
  • iMac Pro.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
  1. Backup everything.
  2. Download the latest EFI folder.
  3. Open your existing config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  4. Copy your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. (and uia_exclude= boot flag if you are using it)
  5. Open the config.plist in the new EFI folder.
  6. Paste in your Serial, Board Serial, UUID. (and uia_exclude= boot flag if you are using it)
  7. Save.
  8. Replace your old EFI folder with the new one in the EFI partition of your main system drive.
  9. Update to Catalina.

Once again 1000 times thank you. The upgrade worked fine with your proposed steps and I am in Catalina.

However, YouTube videos do not load at all, QuickTime can't play local video files (takes about 3 minutes to load the frame if I skip to some point in the video, but it still won't play the video) and Logic Pro is not making any audio when playing on my keyboard or loading a file.

is there something I did wrong during the update or something I am missing?

Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 17.56.27.png

Interesting to know for others doing the update: I had to click the "preinstall boot" partition twice during the installation project. And now I have my windows, FileVault, recovery and normal boot again in my boot menu.

Back