Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It's part of USB power management. I don't know if your motherboard has EC0, so I don't know if the rename in my config.plist is enough get you past the hurdle. Adding the SSDT assures it won't be an issue for you.

Intel Ethernet is not a problem. If by Wi-Fi bridge, you mean Wi-Fi to Ethernet bridge, that shouldn't be a problem since it won't require drivers. If you want to use Wi-Fi without a bridge, I always like to stick with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards that Apple used.
Much appreciated! Thanks for all the help on this post!

No prob. Please let me know how it goes.
Will Do! I'm backing up my Windows drive right now, I'll be giving it a go later on this evening.

And, yes, I meant a Wifi to Ethernet bridge - a Netgear EX6200, which I disabled, use as an extender, and just use the Ethernet ports to connect to Wireless AC 5GHz

I've installed Catalina and I have a question.
I'm testing on a ASRock Z390 PRO4.
On this board I've added the EC controller through SSDT. A simple SSDT.
In Mojave you can see in IOReg under EC->AppleBusPowerController
But in Catalina you just see EC without anything in the tree.

Is that correct?
Thanks

I've installed Catalina and I have a question.
I'm testing on a ASRock Z390 PRO4.
On this board I've added the EC controller through SSDT. A simple SSDT.
In Mojave you can see in IOReg under EC->AppleBusPowerController
But in Catalina you just see EC without anything in the tree.

Is that correct?
Thanks

Yes, I believe that's also how it shows for me. Just EC in Catalina.

After upgrading to Catalina, anyone else having troubles staying logged in to their iCloud account?

I keep seeing a notice to update my Apple ID but no matter how many times I enter my password, I only stay logged in for a few minutes.

After some more research, this appears to be my problem:

Keychain is not active. In the forum, users say the solution is to turn it back on. When I click the check box next to Keychain, I'm prompted to "Upgrade my Mac's security." However, no matter how many times I enter my password, it never works. All other icloud features seem to be fine (so not a password issue).

I know Hacks use different security levels...but not sure what to change to coax it to work.

After some more research, this appears to be my problem:

Keychain is not active. In the forum, users say the solution is to turn it back on. When I click the check box next to Keychain, I'm prompted to "Upgrade my Mac's security." However, no matter how many times I enter my password, it never works. All other icloud features seem to be fine (so not a password issue).

I know Hacks use different security levels...but not sure what to change to coax it to work.

Did you try resetting the iCloud Keychain?

@pastrychef , when you were using the integrated graphics, did you have boot display issues when connected via DisplayPort? I'm getting a blank screen until the OS loads.

Make sure in BIOS, primary display is set to IGPU.

Back