Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Please make a backup of your EFI so that you can boot from it in case my config.plist doesn't work at all.

Please try this config.plist.

Hi,

I just wanted to say: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I had the black screen problem with my motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming, than I tried your config.plist and now the HDMI works!

Do you think that this config.pflist is 100% compatible with my motherboard?

Sorry for the OT!

Hi,

I had the black screen problem with my motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming, than I tried your config.plist and now the HDMI works!

Sorry for the OT!

No, you should not use that config.plist. It contains custom port configurations that should not apply to your motherboard.

You are better off trying my EFI folder from post #1. Keep in mind that there's no support for the GTX 2080 Ti and I have not made any provisions for it.

Hi,

Sorry for the OT!

Oops. I just looked again and realized you have same motherboard as the other guy. So, yeah, the config.plist should work for you. Just generate new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

So my Mojave installation 10.14.6 is (mostly) working great, but I'm getting kind of poor processor usage performance from Logic Pro, so I'd like to try a different system definition. I am using iMac18,1 which seems a bit removed from my actual hardware - what would be the best one to try? I think iMac18,3 might be a good option, but iMac 19,2 and iMacPro1,1 are also possible.

Next, what is the best way to change this? Should I just use Clover Configurator to do it and then reboot? Or is there a certain procedure?

So my Mojave installation 10.14.6 is (mostly) working great, but I'm getting kind of poor processor usage performance from Logic Pro, so I'd like to try a different system definition. I am using iMac18,1 which seems a bit removed from my actual hardware - what would be the best one to try? I think iMac18,3 might be a good option, but iMac 19,2 and iMacPro1,1 are also possible.

Next, what is the best way to change this? Should I just use Clover Configurator to do it and then reboot? Or is there a certain procedure?

iMac18,1 should be for users who are using IGPU only.
iMac18,3 should be used by users with a dGPU.

I've used iMac19,1 and am currently using iMacPro1,1 because I wanted working DRM.

Yes, just edit your config.plist with Clover Configurator. Be sure to check that the generated Serial is valid.

I changed to imacPro1,1 with Clover Configurator but no serial numbers come back as valid from the Apple site, I regenerated and tried serials until the Apple site said I'd reache my code limit, is there some trick to this? Or do you just have to keep trying the Clover Config generated numbers?

I changed to imacPro1,1 with Clover Configurator but no serial numbers come back as valid from the Apple site, I regenerated and tried serials until the Apple site said I'd reache my code limit, is there some trick to this? Or do you just have to keep trying the Clover Config generated numbers?

Follow the following guide to get good serial.

Duh, I totally spaced out and forgot how it works, I guess it's been awhile since I did this. The ser nums are fine, will try to update the sys def...

Catalina up and running. Both Clover EFI and OpenCore EFI working fine.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.03.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Back