Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC)
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
In BIOS, make sure that the correct drive is selected as the primary boot drive.
Last Tuesday I performed a clean install, deleted all EFI folders from all disks.
The internal speakers are working.
I hope it continues like this. Thank you pastrychef

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Mamimus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
same conclusion I came to. Just waiting for a backup to finish and I'll try a reboot with
Cleared it and rebooted. Everything still works. I suppose I should be happy with things as they are. My Geekbench Metal is 198,760. I get frames rates of about 127 in Cinebench. My Luxmark on the card alone is 28,486, (unfortunately trying to include the CPU just crashes LM.) That's All sweet, but I'm not a gamer. I spend my time in FCPX, and I cannot get my BruceX below 17 seconds. Makes me think something is set wrong, at least compared to some the 11-12 second times I see scattered around...

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Cleared it and rebooted. Everything still works. I suppose I should be happy with things as they are. My Geekbench Metal is 198,760. I get frames rates of about 127 in Cinebench. My Luxmark on the card alone is 28,486, (unfortunately trying to include the CPU just crashes LM.) That's All sweet, but I'm not a gamer. I spend my time in FCPX, and I cannot get my BruceX below 17 seconds. Makes me think something is set wrong, at least compared to some the 11-12 second times I see scattered around...
Most of the BruceX scores I've seen from Vega 64 users are around 12 seconds. There's a handful of people who, like yourself, are seeing higher scores but no one seems to be able to pinpoint what's the cause nor has any fix been found.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Mamimus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks once again, PC. That makes me feel a bit less like the Lone Ranger. Not that it's your task, but should you hear of a solution, and you think of it, would you please drop it in this thread? I'll keep my eyes peeled and do the same.

Motherboard
ASUS STRIX Z370-G
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hackintosh Current Events
I switched to your new OpenCore EFI folder, running without any issues, ATM. I will report back if anything changes. Thanks.

Edit: so far, I am noticing, less sensor information. One of my fans is not showing up, ambient/motherboard/gpu die temperatures missing also.

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I switched to your new OpenCore EFI folder, running without any issues, ATM. I will report back if anything changes. Thanks.

Edit: so far, I am noticing, less sensor information. One of my fans is not showing up, ambient/motherboard/gpu die temperatures missing also.
Yes. I also lost some sensors due to switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. I don't know how to fix this yet... I'll try to work on it at a later date, probably after OpenCore has its general public release.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
What hate? Where?
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your message.
Mainly on r/hackintosh/ but on insanelymac too, the criticism often comes from a small but loud niche. As I understand it it's related to things being included in some apps/tools without propper credits in the past, lack of public source code, alleged monetary interests and "dumbing down" some stuff. If any of that is/was true I have no idea, i was just curious if my install was considered vanilla or not.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your message.
Mainly on r/hackintosh/ but on insanelymac too, the criticism often comes from a small but loud niche. As I understand it it's related to things being included in some apps/tools without propper credits in the past, lack of public source code, alleged monetary interests and "dumbing down" some stuff. If any of that is/was true I have no idea, i was just curious if my install was considered vanilla or not.
Most of the complainers have been banned from here for piracy. As for the proper credits, that's old...from 2010/11 era when tonymacx86 was just starting up. Proper credits are part of the UniBeast/MultiBeast documentation and opening screen. Monetary interests are the same that insanelymac uses; i.e., donations. "dumbing down" are the nay-sayers way of saying we made it easier for people to install and get macOS up and running. So, all of what you've "heard" is whinning by those banned from here for piracy or for other rule breaking.

BTW, I've been a member of insanelymac since 2008. I gave it up when tonymacx86 came on line because, back then (2010), the insanelymac gurus made getting a hackintosh up and running too hard. (Of course, that's much different now as insanely has tools like UniBeast & MultiBeast. Go figure.)

Motherboard
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi Pastrychef,

have here some issues with the audio. After some some hours it kind of disappears/gets to sleep and I need to reboot in order to get audio out again. This is the same for the digital output and analog out, regardless which one I use. Do you have any mods for the audio or any clues as to what I might check?

Thanks much again!