Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi Pastry,

I've seen you profiled in config.plist / Devices / Properties many of the devices present in your PC.
What kind of tool did you use to gather the devices PCI addresses?
Thanks a lot.

Hi Pastry,

I've seen you profiled in config.plist / Devices / Properties many of the devices present in your PC.
What kind of tool did you use to gather the devices PCI addresses?
Thanks a lot.

Look for the following in post #1 of this thread.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.57.01 AM.png

So, in conclusion, I still feel, if macOS is your primary operating system, Z370 is the better choice. It's unfortunate that the Radeon VII didn't work right on my Z370G Gaming because macOS ran so well on it whether I used Clover or OpenCore.
Hello Pastrychef
I got Z370G WiFi with Radeon VII but from Sapphire and everything working correctly.

Hello Pastrychef
I got Z370G WiFi with Radeon VII but from Sapphire and everything working correctly.

Really???

You can sleep and wake???

I don't know why a card from Sapphire would make any difference... All the Radeon VIIs are reference...

Really???

You can sleep and wake???

I don't know why a card from Sapphire would make any difference... All the Radeon VIIs are reference...
Yes. Sleep and wake working as usual. Before i had RX580 also from Sapphire. I read somewhere that Radeon VII only goes well with Sapphire - I don't remember where. If you have the opportunity, check it out.

Yes. Sleep and wake working as usual. Before i had RX580 also from Sapphire. I read somewhere that Radeon VII only goes well with Sapphire - I don't remember where. If you have the opportunity, check it out.

This is really strange....

The same Radeon VII that could not wake in my Z370G is sleeping and waking fine on my Gigabyte Z390 M...

Help please.
All of a sudden I can not access BIOS anymore.
when pressing F2 during boot I only get a black screen.

Any Idea where this might be coming from?
No changes have been made. BIOS worked fine a day ago.
The GPU is installed correctly.
Only Keyboard and Monitor are connected.

I use the iMac Pro system definition.
iGPU is disabled.

Thanks in advance!!

This is really strange....

The same Radeon VII that could not wake in my Z370G is sleeping and waking fine on my Gigabyte Z390 M...
Not really PChef, The Radeon Vega VII architecture is designed for Z390 Mobo's :mrgreen::thumbup:

Sapphire cards have always played nice with hackin's :headbang:

Help please.
All of a sudden I can not access BIOS anymore.
when pressing F2 during boot I only get a black screen.

Any Idea where this might be coming from?
No changes have been made. BIOS worked fine a day ago.
The GPU is installed correctly.
Only Keyboard and Monitor are connected.

I use the iMac Pro system definition.
iGPU is disabled.

Thanks in advance!!

BIOS loads before anything else. Your issue probably has nothing to do with the EFI folder. You can try clearing the CMOS to see if that will let you get back to BIOS. After clearing the CMOS, you will have to re-do all the BIOS settings.

If clearing CMOS doesn't help, you're going to have to contact Asus and probably get warranty replacement.

Back