Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef :) can i ask u a favor ? can u run the new geekbench 5 on your hack (9900k & Rad VII) to have a comparison with mine ? pretty difficult to find one right now. Geekbench still doesn't show the GPU on their results or maybe i'm tired :) Here are mine with a 8700k stock & Vega 56 stock: Single 1203 Multi 6830 OpenCL 48179 Metal 49751.

Hi @pastrychef :) can i ask u a favor ? can u run the new geekbench 5 on your hack (9900k & Rad VII) to have a comparison with mine ? pretty difficult to find one right now. Geekbench still doesn't show the GPU on their results or maybe i'm tired :) Here are mine with a 8700k stock & Vega 56 stock: Single 1203 Multi 6830 OpenCL 48179 Metal 49751.

My system is busy right now and won't be free for a few hours. I'll post results once the system frees up.

I still have a few light processes running, but it shouldn't have any major impact on my scores...

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.04.19 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.05.40 PM copy.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.06.31 PM copy.png

Last edited:
Hi Pastry,
I have your exact build (with just UHD630 graphics) and have recently got an MSI RX580 8GB.
I'm running Sierra currently with no issues and dont want to upgrade.

When I install the RX580, which of your EFI files would you recommend to get the AMD card working?

If it's of use to any one else, I have a stable 4.9Ghz overclock without deliding, I've just added a second Noctua 140mm fan on the back of the heatsink and a generic 120mm on the front of the heatsink. Noise levels are still very quiet and processor temps dont get much above 80 during a torture test.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Pastry,
I have your exact build (with just UHD630 graphics) and have recently got an MSI RX580 8GB.
I'm running Sierra currently with no issues and dont want to upgrade.

When I install the RX580, which of your EFI files would you recommend to get the AMD card working?

If it's of use to any one else, I have a stable 4.9Ghz overclock without deliding, I've just added a second Noctua 140mm fan on the back of the heatsink and a generic 120mm on the front of the heatsink. Noise levels are still very quiet and processor temps dont get much above 80 during a torture test.

Cheers
Dave

EFI r5.1.1 should be fine for you. Just copy your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. Then paste them to the config.plist of r5.1.1.

80C is great. You are still 20C away from the TJMax temp of 100C.

@pastrychef what is your monitor or monitors? Also, do you know Dell U2718Q working with Hackintosh?

@pastrychef what is your monitor or monitors? Also, do you know Dell U2718Q working with Hackintosh?

I am using an AOC U3277PWQU. It's a 32" 4K monitor. It's far from the best but, when I got it, there were very little choices for 32" 4K monitors. That being said, it's perfectly adequate for my uses and has been very reliable.

I don't have any experience with the U2718Q. Prior to my AOC, I had a Dell P2715Q and it had issues waking from sleep. It was due to buggy firmware on the monitor and was never fixed. That bug was a big influence for me to upgrade to a 32" and also why I did not consider going with another Dell monitor.

Side note: I see you are using the same motherboard that I'm currently using. Do you mind sharing your EFI folder so I can compare with mine? Thanks in advance.

I am using an AOC U3277PWQU. It's a 32" 4K monitor. It's far from the best but, when I got it, there were very little choices for 32" 4K monitors. That being said, it's perfectly adequate for my uses and has been very reliable.

I don't have any experience with the U2718Q. Prior to my AOC, I had a Dell P2715Q and it had issues waking from sleep. It was due to buggy firmware on the monitor and was never fixed. That bug was a big influence for me to upgrade to a 32" and also why I did not consider going with another Dell monitor.

Side note: I see you are using the same motherboard that I'm currently using. Do you mind sharing your EFI folder so I can compare with mine? Thanks in advance.

Thank you. Here is my EFI. Do you mind sharing yours with me too I can also compare with mine?

BTW I want to ask you this. What is your boot time, especially Gigabyte Splash Screen between Clover UI? When I start my rig I am waiting 20 sec on Splash Screen. I closed Gigabyte Logo but it didn't affect anything this time waiting 20 sec on AMI screen.

Can you also share your BIOS settings?

Note: I am not using RX560 temporarily I sent it to service. There is no data on config.plist about RX 560. I am also using different type acceleration method for HD630. I am not using any device or ig-platform-id I just added HDMI ports setting to properties panel machine automatically defining correct device and ig-platform-id itself.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thank you. Here is my EFI. Do you mind sharing yours with me too I can also compare with mine?

BTW I want to ask you this. What is your boot time, especially Gigabyte Splash Screen between Clover UI? When I start my rig I am waiting 20 sec on Splash Screen. I closed Gigabyte Logo but it didn't affect anything this time waiting 20 sec on AMI screen.

Can you also share your BIOS settings?

Note: I am not using RX560 temporarily I sent it to service. There is no data on config.plist about RX 560.

You forgot to attach your EFI folder. Lol

Here's mine.

The Gigabyte splash screen can take a bit of time, I think, because of memory "training". You can read about it here:

My BIOS settings are pretty much as the TweakTown guide instructed above. I have IGPU and CSM disabled.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 64
You forgot to attach your EFI folder. Lol

Here's mine.

The Gigabyte splash screen can take a bit of time, I think, because of memory "training". You can read about it here:

My BIOS settings are pretty much as the TweakTown guide instructed above. I have IGPU and CSM disabled.

While uploading my connection lost. I attached to the previous message, you can download now.

Back