Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

In case anyone was wondering, yes, it runs...

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 5.56.18 PM.png

Last edited:
What hardware is giving you problems? The stuff listed in your profile?

Yes, that one with that video card, and I replaced the video card for an ASUS RX 580 DUAL and tried to install mojave again and got the same result as with the Geforce 980.

Yes, that one with that video card, and I replaced the video card for an ASUS RX 580 DUAL and tried to install mojave again and got the same result as with the Geforce 980.

Please put this EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try to boot from it. See if your system will work with it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29 MB · Views: 119
Please put this EFI folder on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and try to boot from it. See if your system will work with it.

It is 2 folders, both of them in Root directory? Should I replace any existing directories? Or just plain copy? Thanks a lot!

It is 2 folders, both of them in Root directory? Should I replace any existing directories? Or just plain copy? Thanks a lot!

I don't understand what you are saying. What is 2 folders?

I don't understand what you are saying. What is 2 folders?

Yes, now I have to work from windows. I unzipped the file you attached and there is a main folder (directory my misstake) called EFI and inside of it are 2 folders (directories) called _MACOSX and EFI.

So I was asking if I just copy those 2 directories to the EFI partition in the root directory or if they have to go somewhere else.

Yes, now I have to work from windows. I unzipped the file you attached and there is a main folder (directory my misstake) called EFI and inside of it are 2 folders (directories) called _MACOSX and EFI.

So I was asking if I just copy those 2 directories to the EFI partition in the root directory or if they have to go somewhere else.

Unzip it.
Copy the entire EFI folder to the root EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

Unzip it.
Copy the entire EFI folder to the root EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

SUCCESS! Thanks Pastrychef! I couldn't make it without your valuable help. I have my new rig running Mojave. But what was in those files that you sent me with were different from the ones that I had from my boot drive made with the unibeast that I made before?

It was not that plain and simple, what I did was to erase ALL files on the EFI partition of the Mojave install USB that I have created. Started to install and then the computer restarted, and I had to start installing again without erasing the drive.

Now one question, in order to have clover on the EFI partition of this drive, should I use multicast or should I just copy the files that you sent me to?

Another question, I have ordered an RX580 8GB, my friends is just 4 GB. Is it ok to just swap it? Or do I need to do something else?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.38.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.38.29 PM.png
    76 KB · Views: 66
SUCCESS! Thanks Pastrychef! I couldn't make it without your valuable help. I have my new rig running Mojave. But what was in those files that you sent me with were different from the ones that I had from my boot drive made with the unibeast that I made before?

It was not that plain and simple, what I did was to erase ALL files on the EFI partition of the Mojave install USB that I have created. Started to install and then the computer restarted, and I had to start installing again without erasing the drive.

Now one question, in order to have clover on the EFI partition of this drive, should I use multicast or should I just copy the files that you sent me to?

Another question, I have ordered an RX580 8GB, my friends is just 4 GB. Is it ok to just swap it? Or do I need to do something else?

I don't know what's different from your old EFI... I never saw your old EFI.

During the installation process, the computer is supposed to restart a few times.

Just mount the EFI partition of your main system drive and copy the entire EFI folder I gave you to the root director of the EFI partition of your main system drive.

Yes, you can just swap the video cards. There's nothing else you need to do. Make sure you don't buy an XFX branded video card.

Back