Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK, let's disable HS 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, SS 08, 09, 10, 11

...so that would mean uia_exclude = HS08; HS09; HS10; HS11; HS12; HS13; HS14; SS08; SS09; SS10; SS11, correct?

Yes. But without any spaces.

Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 106
Yes. But without any spaces.

Please try this config.plist.
Edited my original post as you were replying. I've downloaded the config.plist you sent and edited it to match my edits. Thank you so much for the assist!

Swapped out RX580 for new Sapphire Vega 64. Did nothing but swap cards. Boots OK, but getting exactly the same results in Valley, FCPX, Geekbench, cinebench etc with the Vega as I did with the 580. No speed increase at all; no detectable difference
My mobo requires fake NVRAM. Could not find a nvram reset command in clover 4934. Or is there some other clover/card setting needed for my mobo + Mojave + vega?

I just found this:
Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4961 2019-06-12
I'm using 4934 right now.
Should I update to 4961? Is updating as simple as just running the installer, or do I have boot from USB etc etc?

Re the card:
did a bit of snooping in my nvram.plist and found
nvda_drv. 3100
<data>
MQA=
</data>
was surprised to see ref to nvidia at all. should that change for Radeon Vega?

Would love to get full value from my new Vega whatever it takes!

Last edited:
Swapped out RX580 for new Sapphire Vega 64. Did nothing but swap cards. Boots OK, but getting exactly the same results in Valley, FCPX, Geekbench, cinebench etc with the Vega as I did with the 580. No speed increase at all; no detectable difference
My mobo requires fake NVRAM. Could not find a nvram reset command in clover 4934. Or is there some other clover/card setting needed for my mobo + Mojave + vega?

I just found this:
Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4961 2019-06-12
I'm using 4934 right now.
Should I update to 4961? Is updating as simple as just running the installer, or do I have boot from USB etc etc?

Re the card:
did a bit of snooping in my nvram.plist and found
nvda_drv. 3100
<data>
MQA=
</data>
was surprised to see ref to nvidia at all. should that change for Radeon Vega?

Would love to get full value from my new Vega whatever it takes!

You should be able to reset NVRAM from the Clover boot menu. Just press F11.

I don't know why you are getting the same results as RX 580 with a Vega. There's nothing to configure with either card.

Oh bummer....
F11. I did that, and just got an instant reboot. No change.

Re: Clover updating - can I just run the installer when I'm booted regularly, as long as the EFI partition is mounted?

Yes, you can just run the installer. Make sure you select the correct options that match your current installation.

If you are unsure, you can get just the latest CLOVERX64.efi file and only replace that from here. This way, you will only update Clover and none of your drivers will be messed with.

Thank you. I ran it, but never was presented with an opportunity to customize the install. Fortunately I have a full backup, and just did a compare between the two. Some more recent versions of my current files were installed; nothing was added or removed - only updated.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Vega is so slow...

Thank you. I ran it, but never was presented with an opportunity to customize the install. Fortunately I have a full backup, and just did a compare between the two. Some more recent versions of my current files were installed; nothing was added or removed - only updated.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Vega is so slow...

See this thread. There are others who are experiencing poor Vega performance. One guy fixed it by pulling an NVMe SSD.

Hmm... That should be the correct kext for your NIC. I have no idea why it's not working for you. Maybe try installing it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and let Clover inject it.
Well, I can't try that at this moment, I exchanged my GTX 980 for an Asus RX 580 Dual with a friend, and I tried to continue installing Mojave on my computer. The result was the same; it keeps getting stuck at the same point when the graphics interface says it has 15 minutes left to install. I tried it again by injecting ATI drivers in Verbose mode ,and I got this:

Attachments

• IMG_20190624_100201.jpg
    IMG_20190624_100201.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 52
Back