Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Looks like I am still not getting acceleration after deleting that. I should be seeing metal support right?

Yes. You should have Metal support. Are you on macOS 10.14.4?

Please try updating to 10.14.4.
ok, here goes
update- here we are again. Running 10.14.4, acceleration working, metal supported, 18,1 definition. And the graphics glitches are back. IDK, I guess it's down to the iGPU being unhappy with the acceleration.

I put the EFI folder back into disk0s1 EFI volume so I can again boot without the USB. here is the newest IOreg. All seems well, I think, but the graphics are jumping around and flickering.

edit: With nothing to lose, I put the XFX card in again and disabled the iGPU in BIOS. It restarts midway thru booting, so I guess that's confirmed incompatible (XFX radeon RX 580 XXX edition) Pulled it out again and running iGPU - sleep working too, only issue is this glitching. Not much I can do with the machine anyway with no GPU...

Attachments

• 10144 Mac mini.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi!
pastrychef, thanks for your work! With your EFI5.0 my hackintosh works without problems.

Macocopeli, did you try SMBios 19.1? I have NVIDIA card so I was forced to use iGPU with Mojave.
Best option for me is: macOS 10.14.4 (special version) and EFI5.0b. iGPU works out of the box.

I hope this is not a stupid question, but do I have to delete the USBInjectAll kext as well, after I installed the SSDT-USB and limited the number of USB ports to 15?

I hope this is not a stupid question, but do I have to delete the USBInjectAll kext as well, after I installed the SSDT-USB and limited the number of USB ports to 15?

No, don't delete it. Keep USBInjectAll.kext installed.

Thanks for the quick reply. It just says in the update section that "You can use this kext (temporarily)to enable all ports..." This is was got me confused.

Macocopeli, did you try SMBios 19.1? I have NVIDIA card so I was forced to use iGPU with Mojave.
Best option for me is: macOS 10.14.4 (special version) and EFI5.0b. iGPU works out of the box.
Just swapped out the EFI with 5.0, restarted, it was same glitching. Changed the system def to 19,1 and now it won't boot. I get to clover, choose the drive and instead of the apple logo I get the crossed out zero symbol.

I will see if I can move things back to how it was, in recovery mode. - edit - nope, recovery mode won't boot either

Just swapped out the EFI with 5.0, restarted, it was same glitching. Changed the system def to 19,1 and now it won't boot. I get to clover, choose the drive and instead of the apple logo I get the crossed out zero symbol.

I will see if I can move things back to how it was, in recovery mode. - edit - nope, recovery mode won't boot either

If you use iMac19,1 system definition with macOS 10.14.4 (18E226), you will need to add the "-no_compat_check" boot argument in config.plist. The reason for this is that 10.14.4 (18E226) wasn't meant to run on real iMac19,1s.
Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 2.04.56 PM.png

Back