Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Please try this config.plist to see if it helps.
In the clover boot loader, it was defaulting to filevault prebooter. Booting from the main drive, with the new config is a little better. Still blinking panels but not the full on freakout as before.

In the clover boot loader, it was defaulting to filevault prebooter. Booting from the main drive, with the new config is a little better. Still blinking panels but not the full on freakout as before.

You can set the default boot volume here:
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 12.37.28 PM.png

What do you mean by blinking panels?

You can set the default boot volume here:
View attachment 401781

What do you mean by blinking panels?
Essentially it is the same behavior as before, but it does seem more settled down. Not seeing segmented desktop image for example, but when I move the mouse, windows and various elements on screen flicker. Scrolling on safari, webpages flicker and jump position.

Essentially it is the same behavior as before, but it does seem more settled down. Not seeing segmented desktop image for example, but when I move the mouse, windows and various elements on screen flicker. Scrolling on safari, webpages flicker and jump position.

That sounds like lack of acceleration.

In System Information > Graphics/Displays does it say Metal: Supported?
Is your Dock translucent?

Hi- I will be starting build next week (parts are coming in.) Your installation directions at the beginning of your post specify High Sierra. This is my first Hackintosh build so I want to make sure I understand how to proceed.
Make changes to BIOS (use the list in first section?), Download latest Mohave, download latest unibeast and multibeast, Create USB with Mohave install, update usb with your latest EFI file, install macos to computer, update the efi file on installed, imessage fix, usb fix. (my system= z370-g wifi, i7-8700, vega 56, BCM94360CS2 with M.2 adaptor).
Am I missing things?

Hi- I will be starting build next week (parts are coming in.) Your installation directions at the beginning of your post specify High Sierra. This is my first Hackintosh build so I want to make sure I understand how to proceed.
Make changes to BIOS (use the list in first section?), Download latest Mohave, download latest unibeast and multibeast, Create USB with Mohave install, update usb with your latest EFI file, install macos to computer, update the efi file on installed, imessage fix, usb fix. (my system= z370-g wifi, i7-8700, vega 56, BCM94360CS2 with M.2 adaptor).
Am I missing things?

Yup. Do it like that and you should be fine.

That sounds like lack of acceleration.

In System Information > Graphics/Displays does it say Metal: Supported?
Is your Dock translucent?
The dock is translucent with a gaussian blur of whatever is behind it.

Default boot volume only offers 'LastBootedVolume' as an option. Hard to say if the flickering is any better, really. Its still pretty bad.

Intel UHD Graphics 630:

Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Device ID: 0x3e98

Revision ID: 0x0000

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Displays:

DELL E2016H:

Resolution: 1600 x 900

UI Looks like: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)

Display Serial Number: Y01GT8BP0LKI

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Connection Type: DisplayPort

The dock is translucent with a gaussian blur of whatever is behind it.

Intel UHD Graphics 630:

Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Device ID: 0x3e98

Revision ID: 0x0000

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Displays:

DELL E2016H:

Resolution: 1600 x 900

UI Looks like: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)

Display Serial Number: Y01GT8BP0LKI

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Connection Type: DisplayPort

Hmm... It seems everything is working as it should... Can you try Macmini8,1 system definition to see if it helps?

Hmm... It seems everything is working as it should... Can you try Macmini8,1 system definition to see if it helps?
Its the same behavior. Thinking to maybe wipe the drive, reinstall Mojave and not do the update? That doesn't seem like a very long term solution though...

Its the same behavior. Thinking to maybe wipe the drive, reinstall Mojave and not do the update? That doesn't seem like a very long term solution though...

I've never come across anyone with this issue with this motherboard... I don't know what's causing it...

Back