Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Oh I was so happy for a few minutes there! After updating, there is some extreme graphics weirdness. Flickering, segmenting when I move the mouse. I still have the graphics card out, so I will see if it is resolved with that put back in.

Make sure you are using iMac18,1 system definition and that you have assigned 64MB or more to IGPU in BIOS. with that, your screen should not flicker.

If you use your video card, you should use iMac18,3 system definition.

Ok, yea it definitely isn't happy with the XFX card. It crashed on loading the OS every time. I should've tried in verbose, but I pulled it back out. Booting to iGPU and still getting crazy graphics problems. I modified the config to imac18,1 and have iGPU at 192 in BIOS.

But, I am posting this from my new hackintosh!

Ok, yea it definitely isn't happy with the XFX card. It crashed on loading the OS every time. I should've tried in verbose, but I pulled it back out. Booting to iGPU and still getting crazy graphics problems. I modified the config to imac18,1 and have iGPU at 192 in BIOS.

But, I am posting this from my new hackintosh!

Please download and launch the attached version of IORegistryExplorer, save the output, and post it here.

Also, what do you see in System Information > Graphics/Displays and in System Preferences > Displays?

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 68
Please download and launch the attached version of IORegistryExplorer, save the output, and post it here.

Also, what do you see in System Information > Graphics/Displays and in System Preferences > Displays?
Here is the output. It shows my display correctly in both places.

Attachments

• my iMac.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 115
@pastrychef still waiting for my wifi card to come but having trouble with a couple of weird things
Audio - will continue to research as clover strix audio is not working (or it could be because i installed the wrong one initially)
Cannot find my mac drive - I wanted to go into EFI on the hardrive to delete the erroneous kexts i installed but the drive is not showing up, all thats showing up is a disk image and that's it, the drive where mac os is installed doesn't seem to come up in finder.
Sleep Wake is buggy for now - haven't tested whether that's because of HW monitor or not but will address that as well.

Graphics card seems to work fine (wasnt worried since 580 is what is in macs)

@pastrychef still waiting for my wifi card to come but having trouble with a couple of weird things
Audio - will continue to research as clover strix audio is not working (or it could be because i installed the wrong one initially)
Cannot find my mac drive - I wanted to go into EFI on the hardrive to delete the erroneous kexts i installed but the drive is not showing up, all thats showing up is a disk image and that's it, the drive where mac os is installed doesn't seem to come up in finder.
Sleep Wake is buggy for now - haven't tested whether that's because of HW monitor or not but will address that as well.

Graphics card seems to work fine (wasnt worried since 580 is what is in macs)

Which Aptio fix are you using? AptioMemoryFix? OsxAptioFix2Drv?
Are you using EmuVariableUefi?

Are you using Terminal to list your drives?
Code:
diskutil list

What's wrong with sleep/wake?
Is the system having trouble staying asleep or waking?
Have you applied one of the "proper" USB fixes?

Which Aptio fix are you using? AptioMemoryFix? OsxAptioFix2Drv?
Are you using EmuVariableUefi?

Are you using Terminal to list your drives?
Code:
diskutil list

What's wrong with sleep/wake?
Is the system having trouble staying asleep or waking?
Have you applied one of the "proper" USB fixes?
Reading these statements beginning to feel like a dunce.

So I'm not using terminal to list my drives, although I imagine it would probably list correctly. Will check once home. Did think there would be a just a native display of the drive in Finder, but I guess that's just too naive.
I haven't used used any of the fixes you mentioned for Memory, just used standard identifiers in clover for drives.

USB's seemed to have worked fine but I will map accordingly just to be safe.

The system has trouble waking. After it sleeps screen is dark and doesn't wake.

Reading these statements beginning to feel like a dunce.

So I'm not using terminal to list my drives, although I imagine it would probably list correctly. Will check once home. Did think there would be a just a native display of the drive in Finder, but I guess that's just too naive.
I haven't used used any of the fixes you mentioned for Memory, just used standard identifiers in clover for drives.

USB's seemed to have worked fine but I will map accordingly just to be safe.

The system has trouble waking. After it sleeps screen is dark and doesn't wake.

You can check to see which Aptio fix you are using by looking in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I think that on a fresh install of macOS, by default, it doesn't show your drives anymore. You need to enable it by going to Finder > Preferences.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.46.27 AM.png

Even if USB seems to be working, you should still apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. In the long run, it will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

You can check to see which Aptio fix you are using by looking in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

I think that on a fresh install of macOS, by default, it doesn't show your drives anymore. You need to enable it by going to Finder > Preferences.
View attachment 401739

Even if USB seems to be working, you should still apply one of the "proper" USB fixes. In the long run, it will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Thanks! Will try when next to my machine...

Back