Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Use 4.5.3 efi file to upgrade OSX 12.14.4, audio not working after sleeping wake up. So i switched to version 4.5.1, then the system can’t boot anymore. Do u have any suggestion?
Use EFI Unified r4.5.3 (Mojave) post #1 and updating this kexts Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen
Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator, select "Kext Installer" and then "Other
Select Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen
--> Download
Schermata 2019-03-31 alle 10.20.16.png

Hi, I was wondering if users with almost our same specs have to wait about 10-12 seconds to boot the system even with a M.2 drive, I've a Samsung 970 EVO 250GB.
Switching from SSD SATA to SSD M.2 made no changes on boot time.
Also the last patch 10.14.4 made the boot slower than previously, delivering the final load (glitch?) to about 75% of the loading bar, previously was about the half of the bar. Is that normal?
Tried to make a fresh install, format EFI and install clover again but the time remains the same.
My EFI is so basic, mandatory kexts/drivers and an almost empty config.plist. Kexts and Clover are update to lasts.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if users with almost our same specs have to wait about 10-12 seconds to boot the system even with a M.2 drive, I've a Samsung 970 EVO 250GB.
Also the last patch 10.14.4 made the boot slower than previously, delivering the final load (glitch?) to about 75% of the loading bar, previously was about the half of the bar. Is that normal?
Tried to make a fresh install, format EFI and install clover again but the time remains the same.
My EFI is so basic, mandatory kexts/drivers and an almost empty config.plist. Kexts and Clover are update to lasts.
View attachment 396428
Added 15 seconds to my boot time, with a 970 EVO NVMe.

View attachment 396428

Why do you have 2 times AptioMemoryFix in drivers64UEFI?

View attachment 396428

Booting being slower with M.2 is a known issue even among MacPro1,1-5,1 owners. As far as I know, there are no known fixes.

As for 10.14.4 being slower than 10.14.3, I don't know. I haven't rebooted since updating...

Last edited:
Booting being slower with M.2 is a known issue even among MacPro1,1-5,1 owners. As far as I know there are no known fixes.

As for 10.14.4 being slower than 10.14.3, I don't know. I haven't rebooted since updating...
Here’s a bummer, less than 24 hours after the 10.14.4 update, two 8 tb drives failed.

Here’s a bummer, less than 24 hours after the 10.14.4 update, two 8 tb drives failed.

Wow. That's really bad luck. I have three 8TB drives in my build. They are the old, cheap Seagate 8TB Archive drives. They are slow, but have been reliable, so far...

Back