Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

RX 570? Your profile shows Vega 56...

I think that, by the time it reaches the FileVault login screen, macOS should be done loading the system files. The standard UniBeast EFI injects a wrong IGPU device-id which, in turn, makes IGPU useless. In looking at your config.plist, I see that you haven't entered the info to spoof 8th gen IGPU. This is needed because you are using 9th gen CPU and full support for 9th gen isn't quite complete in macOS 10.14.4 yet. Details on how to do this are on post #1.

In your config.plist. You have the boot argument "-uia_exclude=". It should be "uia_exclude=". No minus sign in front.

Please try the above changes and let me know how it works out.
Thanks for spotting the spelling mistake !!!
Should I also all the minuses in front of the other boot arguments?

It is also:
-alcbeta​
-lilubetaall​
-disablegfxfirmware​
-wegbeta​
This is how it is when I open your config.plist in Clover Configurator, by the way. Maybe the Clover Configurator messes things up?

PS: Sorry, I didn't update my profile. I have an 8th gen i3-8350K
So the spoofing of the iGPU should not have been the problem...

Thanks for spotting the spelling mistake !!!
Should I also all the minuses in front of the other boot arguments?

It is also:
-alcbeta​
-lilubetaall​
-disablegfxfirmware​
-wegbeta​
This is how it is when I open your config.plist in Clover Configurator, by the way. Maybe the Clover Configurator messes things up?

PS: Sorry, I didn't update my profile. I have an 8th gen i3-8350K
So the spoofing of the iGPU should not have been the problem...

No, some of the arguments need the minus sign in front. Leave those as is.

Yes, 8th gen should auto detect IGPU.

I don't know why you get black screen. Which connector are you using for your monitor? HDMI? DisplayPort?

@pastrychef , I was looking at your config.plist and noticed this:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change PPMC to PMCR</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
UFBNQw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
UE1DUg==
</data>
</dict>

What is the function of this patch?

@pastrychef , I was looking at your config.plist and noticed this:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change PPMC to PMCR</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
UFBNQw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
UE1DUg==
</data>
</dict>

What is the function of this patch?

Enable "Intel Z370 Series Chipset PCHPMC Controller"...
If you want to know more, Google it.

Thanks. The data sheets are not terribly helpful with regard to what the function is and whether or not this is an important patch to have. Any thoughts about that?

Thanks. The data sheets are not terribly helpful with regard to what the function is and whether or not this is an important patch to have. Any thoughts about that?

I don't think it's extremely important. I ran my hack for months without it and it was fine. I decided to add it after I learned of it because I felt it would make this motherboard just a tiny step closer to behaving more like a real iMac.

I don't think it's extremely important. I ran my hack for months without it and it was fine. I decided to add it after I learned of it because I felt it would make this motherboard just a tiny step closer to behaving more like a real iMac.
Thank you. I will try it out.

Use 4.5.3 efi file to upgrade OSX 12.14.4, audio not working after sleeping wake up. So i switched to version 4.5.1, then the system can’t boot anymore. Do u have any suggestion?

Back