Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you again for your time, I'm gonna try that.

Should I remove these? It’s on the VegaTab forum...
————-_——————————
The usual cause of that issue is that you are using one or more of the following Clover ACPI Renames/Fixes :-
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
You should remove or disable them as detailed in the prerequisites section of the Lilu + Plug-in's guide. Clover uses a generic search/replace function over all the ACPI tables which can cause issues like you'r seeing. Where as WhatEverGreen implements all of the above using device specific ACPI renames so best to let WEG handle it all.
——————————
I would apriciate you’re advice

Last edited:
Should I remove these? It’s on the VegaTab forum...
————-_——————————
The usual cause of that issue is that you are using one or more of the following Clover ACPI Renames/Fixes :-
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
You should remove or disable them as detailed in the prerequisites section of the Lilu + Plug-in's guide. Clover uses a generic search/replace function over all the ACPI tables which can cause issues like you'r seeing. Where as WhatEverGreen implements all of the above using device specific ACPI renames so best to let WEG handle it all.
——————————
I would apriciate you’re advice

I haven't read that thread so I don't know what he/she is taking about, but these renames can only help with our CPUs and chipsets.

Usually, WhateverGreen will do the renames. However, there were versions that, due to bugs, didn't do the rename. That's why I left them in. When WhateverGreen is working correctly, it will do the renames and the ones in config.plist will do nothing. In addition to these, AppleALC usually does the renaming for the audio.

Therefore, if you don't want these renames, you will also have to remove WhateverGreen.

I just discovered that IntelMausiEthernet 2.5.0d broke "Wake for network access" and I will revert back to 2.4.0 in the next EFI folder release. You guys can, of course, revert on your own by replacing the version in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

So i have Asus ROG Strix Z370-F board. I followed the bios instructions and copied over the EFI as per the original post.

When i install High Sierra, It goes to install, the meter gets about 30-35% across, it says it has 2 minutes remaining, then the system just reboots. If i try to boot from the HD, It says "MacOS could not be installed on your computer -- An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

Any suggestions.

So i have Asus ROG Strix Z370-F board. I followed the bios instructions and copied over the EFI as per the original post.

When i install High Sierra, It goes to install, the meter gets about 30-35% across, it says it has 2 minutes remaining, then the system just reboots. If i try to boot from the HD, It says "MacOS could not be installed on your computer -- An error occurred while loading the installer resources. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

Any suggestions.

Please boot in verbose mode and take a picture of where it freezes.

hi pastrychef, like many other novice users, i followed this thread to get my first hackintosh.
Everything works fine except for the wifi / bt adapter (BCM94360CS2) that causes lag/stutter on my magic mouse pointer movement. I noticed that if i deactivate wifi, then the mouse works correctly.
Do you have some advice to solve my issue? Is this a defective card?

In conclusion this means that the Wifi connection heats up the card so much it makes bluetooth devices stutter. Since I want Wifi (I don't want a 10m Ethernet Cable across my room) I have to cool the card.

Did you solve the issue with a card heatsink?

hi pastrychef, like many other novice users, i followed this thread to get my first hackintosh.
Everything works fine except for the wifi / bt adapter (BCM94360CS2) that causes lag/stutter on my magic mouse pointer movement. I noticed that if i deactivate wifi, then the mouse works correctly.
Do you have some advice to solve my issue? Is this a defective card?

Did you solve the issue with a card heatsink?

Assuming that your card is not defective, try using only 5GHz Wi-Fi. 2.4GHz Wi-Fi can screw up Bluetooth reception badly.

Hi there.

I'm having trouble sourcing one of these motherboards here in Australia. I can however buy one without the WiFi. Will a Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard - work the same. Or should I look to another motherboard to start my build. Appreciate the help.

I don't know how Pastrychef feels about this but I would recommend an Asus Z390. I swapped out the included Intel wireless card for a used Dell DW1560. It fit perfectly and EVERYTHING works, from iMessage to Hand Off.

He helped with my build (patience of a saint!) and is familiar with my build.

Back