Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Windows is installed as it would be on any PC. If you are installing on a separate HD/SSD, it might be a good idea to disconnect your macOS drive during the install so you don't inadvertently mess something up.

There's a very high likelihood that it's the 15 port limit patches. They are not reliable. If you are using the M.2 for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, try "uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2". Once you add the uia_exclude, be sure to disable/delete all the 15 port limit KextsToPatch.

Thanks for the reply -

Can't figure it out for the life of me. And this after installing hundreds of OS'es on hundreds of computers in my life (I used to work in tech). It's possible I messed up something in the BIOS, this being my first hackintosh I probably went messing around where I shouldn't've and now can't remember where to revert.
I even tried toggling the "Secure Boot" settings from "Other OS" to "Windows UEFI mode", with no success.
I'll continue plugging at it.

Re the 15-port limit -- where/how do I disable/delete the 15 port limit KextsToPatch? I'm not sure that I ever had them or applied them - my first version of pastrychef EFI was 3.3 - I can't find any more information on this thread other than the one mention in the OP.

Sorry to be a bother!

@pastrychef my bluetooth isn't working anymore, it detects devices says its connected but they don't work, tried with my Apple Keyboard and iPhone and Mate 20 Pro, do you know what could be? Last thing i remember was i tried to use iMessage, not sure if its related.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply -

Can't figure it out for the life of me. And this after installing hundreds of OS'es on hundreds of computers in my life (I used to work in tech). It's possible I messed up something in the BIOS, this being my first hackintosh I probably went messing around where I shouldn't've and now can't remember where to revert.
I even tried toggling the "Secure Boot" settings from "Other OS" to "Windows UEFI mode", with no success.
I'll continue plugging at it.

Re the 15-port limit -- where/how do I disable/delete the 15 port limit KextsToPatch? I'm not sure that I ever had them or applied them - my first version of pastrychef EFI was 3.3 - I can't find any more information on this thread other than the one mention in the OP.

Sorry to be a bother!

Try searching for info on "Windows UEFI installation".

All of the following are KextsToPatches to address the 15 port limit. There are so many because the patches broke with many new macOS releases and a new patch was necessary. So, we end up with this mess...
You can either (1) check the disabled boxes to disable them or (2) click the minus (-) sign to delete them.

@pastrychef my bluetooth isn't working anymore, it detects devices says its connected but they don't work, tried with my Apple Keyboard and iPhone and Mate 20 Pro, do you know what could be? Last thing i remember was i tried to use iMessage, not sure if its related.

Thank you.

The only thing I can think of that it can be is a defective card.

If you are using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card like I am, there's no configuring Bluetooth. It's either enabled or it's not.

Hi pastrychefs

I'm using the z370-g with 9700k and gtx1060. I used your latest efi for Mojave and it worked pretty much perfectly. However, Mojave doesn't have support for Nvidia, so I decided to use High Sierra instead. I grabbed your efi folder for HS and replaced my efi. I end up stuck with the apple logo while trying to get in the interface for installing HS. I would really like to stick with your efi since you have the most experience with z370-g. Do you mind taking a look at my case?

Thanks

Try connecting your display to the onboard DP or HDMI and removing your 1060 until the OS is intalled.

@pastrychef great work on the delidding! :0 Makes me want to try it myself lol... I see you bought a copper lid. would you recommend against running with no lid at all?

Hi pastrychefs

I'm using the z370-g with 9700k and gtx1060. I used your latest efi for Mojave and it worked pretty much perfectly. However, Mojave doesn't have support for Nvidia, so I decided to use High Sierra instead. I grabbed your efi folder for HS and replaced my efi. I end up stuck with the apple logo while trying to get in the interface for installing HS. I would really like to stick with your efi since you have the most experience with z370-g. Do you mind taking a look at my case?

Thanks

Please try booting in to Verbose mode and post a picture of where it gets stuck.

Back