Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Cemu. It's working great. I've been losing so much sleep over this game...
That is what Zelda is good for, I totally cleared the barest of minimum of game in about 80 hours. However, my GF has just about 100% the game who knows how many hours she put in.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
That is what Zelda is good for, I totally cleared the barest of minimum of game in about 80 hours. However, my GF has just about 100% the game who knows how many hours she put in.
I tried my best to avoid looking for help online but some of the puzzles are ridiculously hard and I had to give in. A friend also warned me about the "Trial of the Sword" which he said took him hours to complete and there's no game save when doing the trial...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried my best to avoid looking for help online but some of the puzzles are ridiculously hard and I had to give in. A friend also warned me about the "Trial of the Sword" which he said took him hours to complete and there's no game save when doing the trial...
I did not use a guide either I just only followed the main story, I only did enough shrines to get the hearts required for the MS, I did not invest in stamina, I only got the armors required to progress in the Main Story. Instead my GF has every armor set she's found like 119 Shrines of the 120 in the initial offering, has enough stamina she can climb up pretty much any cliff in the game top to bottom, or fly halfway across the map with her glider. She also did not use a guide.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370
CPU
i9-9980
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
If you are using a different motherboard, you will have to map out the USB ports yourself and create your own SSDT for USB. These SSDT files can not be interchanged between different motherboards.

Okay, @arturbenchimol, I have an Asus Z370-A, Version 1 (and there are two versions of this motherboard) and this patch works for me WITH all of the necessary patches in Kext to Patch and exclusions in the boot section. I cannot guarantee it will work for you.....

if it doesn't, you might want to check out this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-7-7.254559/

Edit: Need to add one more thing......XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.zip and, not attached, but available on the first page of this thread, USBinjectall for your EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other directory

Attachments

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did not use a guide either I just only followed the main story, I only did enough shrines to get the hearts required for the MS, I did not invest in stamina, I only got the armors required to progress in the Main Story. Instead my GF has every armor set she's found like 119 Shrines of the 120 in the initial offering, has enough stamina she can climb up pretty much any cliff in the game top to bottom, or fly halfway across the map with her glider. She also did not use a guide.
Lmao. I think I'm heading down the same path as your GF...

The last time I got this addicted to a game was Oblivion and then Skyrim.

Motherboard
MSI H370 Bazooka
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

View attachment 381403

There may be some problem with the sensor kexts and as you don't need them just for an OS installation it might be a good idea to remove them.
Thank you about the idea. Erased all sensor kexts and I Changed Serial ports to disabled, but again it is stopped here....

IMG_1029.jpg

I don't know what else change to try! Thanks about your ideas.

I will do some screenshoots of my BIOS settings to see any other chance

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
MSI H370 Bazooka
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you a lot for all your support!

Finally I got installed Mojave! OMG!

Thanks to the post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bazookamac-1-0-i5-8400-h370m-bazooka-vega-56.266512/page-2

I fixed finally downgrade BIOS from .14 to .10!!!

Now I am checking hardware, I would like to show some screenshots, let me know what do you think if is right or not:

I am doing some test about Vega 56. I got those Geekbenchs, are them right?
I also saw, in launchpad, if you zoom the image you can see some waves that the are not in my MacBook Pro, I don't know if I am explaining right, the thing is, when I was installing Mojave, before I used multibeast to install boot tools in my Mojave HD, launchpad looks was perfect, but I didn't do any Geekbench to see if performing was better or not.

I played a game, league of legends, same configuration macOS vs W10 and first one gets 150 fps, second one gets 220-280 fps. In my iMac for example, I have got bootcamp with windows and there are no differences (I think is even better macOS performance with this game), do you think something can be wrong?

I also did a nova bench , what do you think?

Thank you a lot!

Attachments

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I used multibeast to install boot tools in my Mojave HD
I don't know what you mean by "waves" in Launch Pad.

What did you install with MultiBeast? I did not use it in my instructions on post #1. Mixing my EFI folder with MultiBeast will probably result in problems because you will end up with conflicting kexts in multiple locations.

Never expect gaming on macOS to be on par with Windows. Just about every game will perform much better in Windows.