Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello every body!

I have been reading post 1 and I decided to try install my first Hackintosh.

I am a W10 user in my main PC. I own a macbook pro and I am so happy with macOS ecosystem (I got also an iPhone), so I tried to install in a second ssd Mojave system.

The thing is, that, I did as I read guys, but when I am doing the installation, after choosing mojave boot in clover (with verbose option), the words than appear suddenly get foggy and a cancel sign appears, and other time appears a little grey square but it is freeze and do not continue…

Do you know what can it means?, I read several times the main post but, I don’t know what can be happening. Any idea?

View attachment 381259

View attachment 381260

View attachment 381262

I updated bios and now its not happening the foggy words and cancel sign, but it doesn't continue with the installation from here.

I just cannot find in my BIOS settings this root,
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS
View attachment 381264

I don't know if this can be important and how to solve it

Tankyou so much!

I am using a i5 8600k + Vega 56 + h370 Bazooka

As per forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

I am so sorry, I just updated my profile info. Thank you!

Try using the EFI folder attached to post #1. In BIOS, try to set to UEFI only.

@pastrychef I just purchased the same mobo and cpu combo you are using. I am not planning on delidding though, do you think that the asus z370-g can handle 5.0Ghz on all cores? Also do you have a VRM fan installed / have you measured the VRM temps?

@pastrychef I just purchased the same mobo and cpu combo you are using. I am not planning on delidding though, do you think that the asus z370-g can handle 5.0Ghz on all cores? Also do you have a VRM fan installed / have you measured the VRM temps?

As long as you have enough cooling, it should handle 5GHz fine. I'm running four cores at 5.1GHz and four cores at 5GHz with no problems.

No. I don't have the equipment to measure VRM temps.

If you look at this post, the two connectionless ig-platform-ids are 3E910003 and 3E920003. This is true for Mojave. Either can work and really makes little to no difference which you choose.

3E920000 has 3 connectors. Therefore, it's not "headless".

View attachment 381221

I don't know if this works in High Sierra. I don't have High Sierra installed anywhere anymore...

Yup, I read the post and I followed the guidelines and believe me, neither 3E920003 nor 3E910003 worked in High Sierra. It's odd, but it's true. 3E920000 worked despite showing in Hackintool as having connectors (i.e. not headless). The headless 3E920003 / 3E910003 doesn't load the iGPU in High Sierra for some reason. It's odd, but that seems to be the case for me and for @xelanaiznac. Similar config of Coffeelake UHD 630 w/ Nvidia dGPU.

Try using the EFI folder attached to post #1. In BIOS, try to set to UEFI only.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried changing EFI folders and UEFI only BIOS setting. Now, apple logo appear and its charging but when it finish nothing change. I even wait all the night because I didn't know if it was just time problem but this morning it was the same situation:

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

Any suggestion? Thank you a lot!

Any suggestion?
You must boot in verbose mode in order to capture any information that may be useful for problem diagnosis, anything else is just wasting time.

You must boot in verbose mode in order to capture any information that may be useful for problem diagnosis, anything else is just wasting time.

Sorry, I forgot verbose mode. I did again, I have waited 45 minutes to see if it changes but, from here there is no changes.

IMG_1015.jpg

I think it is same that using normal EFI folder?

I don't know what to try.

Thank you

Edit: Do you think is a good idea, to show you all my BIOS settings to see if anything is wrong?

I don't know what to try

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

Serial.png

There may be some problem with the sensor kexts and as you don't need them just for an OS installation it might be a good idea to remove them.

Back