Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

No the keyboard does not work in the bios just the mouse. I really do not know what to say about the uptime, @ least 5 days is manageable since nothing I do really requires the system to be on 24/7. I just thought since I had some time that I would try putting the stuff in L/E to see if that gave me any improvement.

When you crash, do you get kernel panics that give you any indication of what's causing the crashes?

finale-ligure.jpg

Happy new year to you all!

I encountered an panic while executing this command : sudo pmset -g everything
It crashes on IOReportFamily according to the crashlog. Any idea about this and do you guys have this problem too?

Still have issues with wake with 2 screen. I replaced HDMI cable with display cable so both are DP connected. Screen is receiving signal (it doesn't turn off due no signal) but remains black.

Happy new year to you all!

I encountered an panic while executing this command : sudo pmset -g everything
It crashes on IOReportFamily according to the crashlog. Any idea about this and do you guys have this problem too?

Still have issues with wake with 2 screen. I replaced HDMI cable with display cable so both are DP connected. Screen is receiving signal (it doesn't turn off due no signal) but remains black.

I can't try the pmset thing on my desktop right now. I'm running a bunch of stuff and can't afford to have a system crash. I did try it on my laptop and it caused a reboot just like you described so I'm pretty sure it will do the same on my desktop. I don't know why it does that. RehabMan is a better person to ask regarding why.

Try entering the following in Terminal:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Happy New Year!

I'm posting this question for my sister. We upgraded her GPU from an Nvidia 1050Ti to Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G Graphic Card. It makes it all the way through the boot process until the very end and then when the progress bar is almost finished, the monitor blinks as if setting a new resolution but then only displays a black screen.

If she takes out the Vega and puts the Nvidia card back in, it boots fine.

Her system is:
ASUS Prime Z270-A
Intel Core i5 7600K
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G Graphic Card

Running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Her EFI folder is based off the one here with only a few modifications for items not needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

I'm posting this question for my sister. We upgraded her GPU from an Nvidia 1050Ti to Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G Graphic Card. It makes it all the way through the boot process until the very end and then when the progress bar is almost finished, the monitor blinks as if setting a new resolution but then only displays a black screen.

Her system is:
ASUS Prime Z270-A
Intel Core i5 7600K

Her EFI folder is based off the one here with only a few modifications for items not needed.

If you have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed, the Vega should be plug and play. I didn't make any changes to my config.plist when I switched from GTX 1080 to Vega.

Try to use DisplayPort at least during testing phase because HDMI can sometimes cause problems. Try different DisplayPort connectors on the video card. Your particular card seems to deviate from the reference ports a lot. I don't know if that is a problem. On reference cards, there are only four ports (three DisplayPort and one HDMI).

Happy New Year!

Her system is:
ASUS Prime Z270-A
Intel Core i5 7600K

Thanks for supporting AMD!

If you have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed, the Vega should be plug and play. I didn't make any changes to my config.plist when I switched from GTX 1080 to Vega.

Try to use DisplayPort at least during testing phase because HDMI can sometimes cause problems. Try different DisplayPort connectors on the video card. Your particular card seems to deviate from the reference ports a lot. I don't know if that is a problem. On reference cards, there are only four ports (three DisplayPort and one HDMI).

We tried all 3 DisplayPorts and they all end up with the same black screen.

I turned on verbose logging and the boot process seems to die with a gIOScreenLockState value of 3. When I have seen this in the past, it was an Aptio memory issue, which I thought was solved by the latest AptioMemoryFix driver, which we are using. We switched back to OsxAptioFix3Drv, with and without Radeon DeInit checked and haven't had any luck.

Any other ideas?

Back