Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Pastry,

Did you get Audio to work upgrading to Mojave? I was not able to and am forced to use a usb audio connector. We have the same motherboard.

Yes, I never had a problem with audio. Please try using my EFI folder attached to post #1.

Yes, I never had a problem with audio. Please try using my EFI folder attached to post #1.

But honestly, injecting Audio ID 2 and using AppleHDA.kext isn't enought? I'm using USB external device too.

As soon as Mac OS is fully loaded, the system starts to fully control the GPU. The Fans immediately turn off and the screen turns black for a second. Then The RX570 works nice and quiet most of the time.

Does this mean, Mac OS is overriding the Bios /Firmware of the GPU? Or could I still flash a different Bios on the RX 570 and Mac OS would respect that?
My goal is to get the RX570 as quiet as possible, maybe even passive at all times. (I don't need much performance at all).
How can I achieve this? Is there a tweak to control the GPU fans or is a custom Bios the way to go?

Thanks for your tips!

But honestly, injecting Audio ID 2 and using AppleHDA.kext isn't enought? I'm using USB external device too.

Yes, technically, injecting correct Audio ID and installing AppleALC should be enough, but I don't know what you've done in the past. Have you tried VoodooHDA? Have you modded AppleHDA? Have you installed RealtekALC?

As soon as Mac OS is fully loaded, the system starts to fully control the GPU. The Fans immediately turn off and the screen turns black for a second. Then The RX570 works nice and quiet most of the time.

Does this mean, Mac OS is overriding the Bios /Firmware of the GPU? Or could I still flash a different Bios on the RX 570 and Mac OS would respect that?
My goal is to get the RX570 as quiet as possible, maybe even passive at all times. (I don't need much performance at all).
How can I achieve this? Is there a tweak to control the GPU fans or is a custom Bios the way to go?

Thanks for your tips!

I don't know if the fans on the RX 570 are controlled by vBIOS or macOS.

Assuming the firmware you want to use is compatible with the video card, I don't see why it would cause any problems.

I don't know of any way to modify the fan curve of the RX 570 in macOS. For Vega cards, it's possible to inject a "soft power table" in AMD10000Controller.kext > Contents > Info.plist:
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.24.24 AM.png
I don't know if the same exists for RX 570.

Which ports are not working? What do you have set for uia_exclude?
This is the exact copy of my Custom Flags:

shikigva=1 -igfxbeta uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10 -lilubetaall

Not working are the ports HS09 and HS10 from your picture. The ports on top of that (labeled with SS10) are working.

I tried your EFI Folder but can't boot with that.
Downloaded the .aml file that was attached to you initial post.

Thanks a lot!

This is the exact copy of my Custom Flags:

shikigva=1 -igfxbeta uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10 -lilubetaall

Not working are the ports HS09 and HS10 from your picture. The ports on top of that (labeled with SS10) are working.

I tried your EFI Folder but can't boot with that.
Downloaded the .aml file that was attached to you initial post.

Thanks a lot!

Change uia_exclude= to:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

You couldn't boot using my EFI folder??

What version of macOS are you running? Do you have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed? What kexts do you have in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Hi all, just installed the BCM94360CS2 + M.2 adaptor.. WIFI is ok, while BT does not even appear in the hardware info...

Tried to enable / disable the BT controller in the bios, but no success...

FYI previously, with the original MOBO wifi+BT module, suddenly the BT stopped working on Linux... maybe it's a MOBO issue?!?

Hi all, just installed the BCM94360CS2 + M.2 adaptor.. WIFI is ok, while BT does not even appear in the hardware info...

Tried to enable / disable the BT controller in the bios, but no success...

FYI previously, with the original MOBO wifi+BT module, suddenly the BT stopped working on Linux... maybe it's a MOBO issue?!?

If it's not showing up on other operating systems either, then it's probably not a hackintosh configuration problem and possibly a hardware issue.

If it shows up in Windows or Linux, but not macOS, the first place to look would be USB configuration.

Back