Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Chef,

I installed BCM94360CS2 to my rig then wifi worked as i expected but not BlueTooth.
I believe I need to remove the kext? Or update the config file?

Thanks!
No. BCM94360CS2 is natively recognized. You don't have to do anything.

Just make sure you did not disable HS07 USB port.

Also, when attaching the M.2 adaptor to the motherboard bracket/cage, make sure you use the plastic screw or tape over the screw if you used a metal screw. If you don't, it can make contact with the back of the BCM94360CS2 and cause problems.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef, does your iGPU function fully if you were to remove dGPU? I have ordered the same motherboard as yours and would like to use only integrated graphics since it does have a DP connection.
I haven't tried with the 9900K, but I don't see why it would be a problem. Just spoof the ig-platfor-id and device id. Remember to use iMac18,1 system definition.

Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks for posting your build. I am looking forward to using yours as a guide for my 9900K and Gigabyte Aorus Master setup with Vega Frontier Edition.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Generally, most of the Z390 that I've seen have better VRM than Z370 and the ability to provide more power to the CPU. This can be very helpful when overclocking.
I was reading someone else post about z390 and they talked about Onboard TB3. Could the extra power be for the TB3 card not for the CPU? Because the AIO Titian Ridge requires two 6 Pin powers.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was reading someone else post about z390 and they talked about Onboard TB3. Could the extra power be for the TB3 card not for the CPU? Because the AIO Titian Ridge requires two 6 Pin powers.
I don't think so. The extra power connections I've seen are tied to VRM which is for power delivery to CPU.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G (Wi-Fi)
CPU
Intel 8600k
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
@pastrychef I'm new and been working on my first hackintosh for about 12 hrs now. I finally am running but had some questions.

How do I know what's working and what doesn't?
Is the onboard wi-fi on the Z370-G still unsupported? I put all I had into this build and really don't want to spend more money at the moment.

Help...

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef I'm new and been working on my first hackintosh for about 12 hrs now. I finally am running but had some questions.

How do I know what's working and what doesn't?
Is the onboard wi-fi on the Z370-G still unsupported? I put all I had into this build and really don't want to spend more money at the moment.

Help...
The included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card doesn't work in macOS. If you want Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you will have to spend on a new card, adaptor, and MHF4 pigtail antenna.

Best way to know what's working and what's not is to try stuff...

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G (Wi-Fi)
CPU
Intel 8600k
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
The included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card doesn't work in macOS. If you want Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you will have to spend on a new card, adaptor, and MHF4 pigtail antenna.

Best way to know what's working and what's not is to try stuff...
What's your recommended card at the moment?