Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

If you are using iMacPro1,1 system definition, you can try disabling IGPU.
In your config.plist, you need to exclude one more USB port.
Your config.plist doesn't have power management enabled.

If you delete all the power management preferences, they should go back to defaults on a reboot.

Please try using my EFI folder.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, Highly appreciated!
XDan

--> Please guide me / in which tap I find this inside the clover configurator?​

In your config.plist, you need to exclude one more USB port.
--> -igfxbeta -alcbeta shikigva=60 -lilubetaall -ngfxbeta uia_exclude=HS06;HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS12;HS13;SS07;SS08;SS009;SS10
added HS06

If you delete all the power management preferences, they should go back to defaults on a reboot.
--> I copy that​

--> Did that from the beginning // EFI Unified r4.5.1 (Mojave).zip (27.5 MB, 353​

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 8.24.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 8.24.45 AM.png

--> Did that from the beginning // EFI Unified r4.5.1 (Mojave).zip (27.5 MB, 353​

It looks like you are using the older, outdated method of graphics injection. I stopped using them in my EFI folders a while back. Also, you are spoofing Skylake graphics which I have never done with this build. In general, your config.plist just doesn't look like mine.

Again, I recommend that you start with a fresh copy of my EFI folder from post #1.

Look in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Do you have all the FakeSMC sensors kexts?

Hi Pastrychef, I have the following FakeSMC sensors kexts:

upload_2018-12-3_0-58-19.png

Am I missing any that is important to make the sensors work?

That's all of them. Your sensors should be working.

That's odd then because this is all the sensors I see in iStats Menus and I am running the latest version already:

upload_2018-12-3_1-4-12.png

Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/DVMT Pre-Allocated - 192M (64M should also work)

This has been bugging me, and I can't find a concrete answer anywhere. More or less speculation, and not applying specifically to hacks. On my board, the default is 64M as well. I have iGPU enabled and my config.plist is set up to use this in headless mode. Any idea or thoughts on what increasing the Pre-Allocated DVMT is actually doing, or any benefit you are getting? Thanks in advance for your insight.

So, @pastrychef -

As you know, I have an Asus Prime Z370-A, with the latest bios, and with a 9900K. I downloaded your latest EFI folder specifically for the Sensors. However, even with the latest Sensors from your distribution EFI and the latest version of istat menus (Version 6.2, build 1087), I still wasn't getting any real information on my Sapphire Nitro+ (just 127 degrees C, which ioreg didn't agree with). Amazingly, I was getting Sensor date for the Nitro+ that is on my X299 build.

I just tried this attached distribution of Sensors and FakeSMC, and finally I have Sensor data on my Nitro+ on the Z370. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but have you seen these?

(Note: for everybody else, if you decide to download them and use them, you should use them carefully and only on test systems and implementations. I just started testing them, and while they seem fine, they're pretty new, and should be implemented only with due care).

Attachments

• HW-Sensor-distribution.zip
    145.1 KB · Views: 56
This has been bugging me, and I can't find a concrete answer anywhere. More or less speculation, and not applying specifically to hacks. On my board, the default is 64M as well. I have iGPU enabled and my config.plist is set up to use this in headless mode. Any idea or thoughts on what increasing the Pre-Allocated DVMT is actually doing, or any benefit you are getting? Thanks in advance for your insight.

If you are using in headless mode, there might not be any benefit. I've read a few reports where increasing memory helped with smoother graphics but those people were using IGPU only.

So, @pastrychef -

As you know, I have an Asus Prime Z370-A, with the latest bios, and with a 9900K. I downloaded your latest EFI folder specifically for the Sensors. However, even with the latest Sensors from your distribution EFI and the latest version of istat menus (Version 6.2, build 1087), I still wasn't getting any real information on my Sapphire Nitro+ (just 127 degrees C, which ioreg didn't agree with). Amazingly, I was getting Sensor date for the Nitro+ that is on my X299 build.

I just tried this attached distribution of Sensors and FakeSMC, and finally I have Sensor data on my Nitro+ on the Z370. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but have you seen these?

(Note: for everybody else, if you decide to download them and use them, you should use them carefully and only on test systems and implementations. I just started testing them, and while they seem fine, they're pretty new, and should be implemented only with due care).

Yes, I've tried that branch of FakeSMC before and, yes, it did give me Vega sensors. However, I completely lost my motherboard fan sensors with that branch and reverted back to the RehabMan branch because I was able to get Vega info from Terminal.

Now, with the latest iStat Menus, I have Vega readings albeit under the CPU drop down menu and not in the sensors drop down menu...

Back