Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

What BIOS version are you on? Early versions of BIOS had an issue with the RAM. I suggest updating to the latest BIOS and try again.

Hi Pastry, thanks for the tip! After the Bios update everything installed and is working great! Once again thank you for your help!!

Keep checking for pmset failures and try to fix them.
This from this morning, the same system freeze, black screen. I have a Wacom tablet plugged into a yellow DAC USB in back, I jiggled it and the system restarted.
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 9.50.45 AM.png

Why do you have GenericUSBXHCI?
I'm guessing from your question that it should not be in the L/E folder? Should I simply delete or is there a terminal input to properly remove it?

Latest debug attached.

Attachments

• debug_6366.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hello!

Sorry for my bad English.

I have a similar configuration as yours with Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard and 8086K CPU. Everything works fine until I upgraded CPU to 9900K. I use integrated graphic UHD 630

Now with new CPU 9900K UHD 630 doesn’t work anymore. About this mac – Overview shows Display 14MB.

Also system report Graphic/Display shows:

Display:
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 14 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x3e98
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Should I change something in Clover configuration?

Hello!

Sorry for my bad English.

I have a similar configuration as yours with Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard and 8086K CPU. Everything works fine until I upgraded CPU to 9900K. I use integrated graphic UHD 630

Now with new CPU 9900K UHD 630 doesn’t work anymore. About this mac – Overview shows Display 14MB.

Also system report Graphic/Display shows:

Display:
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 14 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x3e98
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Should I change something in Clover configuration?

Please try adding the following:
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.52.13 PM.png

Also, as per forum rules, please fill out your user profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU information.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 148
Unfortunately it didn't help. I uploaded my config file here.

Please try this config.plist. Also, you need to exclude one more USB port.
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 2.45.13 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 155
I removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, now I don't have ethernet and sound.

That doesn't make sense. The Generic kext is for old unsupported USB. Z370 USB is supported. Even the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are supported. The only reason why you would have problems is incorrect SSDT for USB implementation or lack of 15 port limit patch.

Back