Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It's possible to remove WhateverGreen if you don't want to use it. I listed all the things to do in post #3443.

After you have done all those steps, only one of the DisplayPorts will work. For me, it was the one next to the HDMI port.

Unfortunately no luck. I do need whatevergreen, Without it I get black screen. Config is adjusted as you said.

I did. I sold my EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 and replaced it with the Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ and kept 100 euro after the trade (sold the ti and bought the Nitro.) If I could do it over I would even stay at the RX Vega 56 because differences are small in performance but huge compared to power usage and you can keep even more money on your side. But in Mojave I'm happy that I replaced my GPU while I wasn't in High Sierra because of the fan issue which is gone now ... YAY!

Yeah I would have done that if I had a watercooled hybrid option for the radeon card, but unfortunately there isn’t any hybrid option for it.

Unfortunately no luck. I do need whatevergreen, Without it I get black screen. Config is adjusted as you said.

Try each of the DisplayPorts until you find the one that is working.

Yeah I would have done that if I had a watercooled hybrid option for the radeon card, but unfortunately there isn’t any hybrid option for it.

What does that mean hybrid option? Ah Google is your friend ;-)

There is an option: G10 Kraken with an Corsair H110 AIO something like this:

hqdefault.jpg

The Kraken cover is for cooling the VRM's etc. But hey ... why all the hassle, the Nitro+ is really quite from its own.

Last edited:
Edit (January 19, 2018):
As I noted above, one of the stock pigtail antennas will be too short to reach the BCM94360CS2. You can replace the pigtail with something like this:
View attachment 307021
4X IPEX /MHF4 to RP-SMA Antenna Pigtail for NGFF/M.2 WIFI/WLAN/3G/4G Modules-US | eBay

Hi,

How long does this cable need to be? I'm thinking about buying a shorter cable. The link you provided is for a 20cm cable, a bit long to tidy up in the tiny space. I'm looking at this one, where they will cut the cable to order:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183150825429

Hi,

How long does this cable need to be? I'm thinking about buying a shorter cable. The link you provided is for a 20cm cable, a bit long to tidy up in the tiny space. I'm looking at this one, where they will cut the cable to order:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183150825429

It can be very short. I think 4 inches (guessing off the top of my head) should be enough.

Thank you so much for your guide. I also chose Z370g for my build and your EFI works great for me.
Just one problem, it requires my icloud password every time the system starts. Any idea how to fix it?
Cheers

Thank you so much for your guide. I also chose Z370g for my build and your EFI works great for me.
Just one problem, it requires my icloud password every time the system starts. Any idea how to fix it?
Cheers

I don't know why it's doing that for you. Did you setup working Serial, Board Serial, and UUID?

Hi
Something strange for my hackintosh, I upgraded to Mojave recently. When I use your EFI (Mojave), the system will shut down just like blackout occasionally. And when it restart, it will show some CPU panic. Then I switched to your EFI (High Sierra), everything are just fine.
Is it OK if I just use the EFI folder for High Sierra?

Thanks

Hi
Something strange for my hackintosh, I upgraded to Mojave recently. When I use your EFI (Mojave), the system will shut down just like blackout occasionally. And when it restart, it will show some CPU panic. Then I switched to your EFI (High Sierra), everything are just fine.
Is it OK if I just use the EFI folder for High Sierra?

Thanks

Yes, you can use that EFI. The only difference is the High Sierra one spoofs Kaby Lake IGPU.

Back