Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Is mapping USB and creating SSDT still something I should do in latest 10.13.6 EFI? I haven't had any issues with the ports at all. I already gave it a try, but stopped because I was concerned the original guide may be a bit dated after all of the updates.

I'm forced to used the igpu as my 1080ti is out on RMA and my graphics is bugging out....not sure why.

... you Will find out that the iGPU is even smoother to work with then the 1080ti except when you end up with gaming ...

Delete this one:
View attachment 352483

Correction, delete these two:
View attachment 352486

Thanks,

I downloaded your Mojave EFI and replaced drivers and kexts. That did the trick. Gui is normal again.

I have a few findings regarding Mojave:
  • The RX VEGA is much slower. Valley bench is 45 was 68 so it's 1/3 slower. GPU usage show 100% and without benchmark it falls back to 0% so it looks Apple is limiting RX Vega performance or something is consuming performance in the background.
  • There is some difference with the known fan issue. It looks like it's better in Mojave. Without the Kextinjector (generated by VG-Tab, which is adjusting the AMD10000Controller.kext, the fans stay at low speed with org nitro bios. The MSI bios, which I had on the Nitro's Secondary Bios, the fans started to spin up. It looks that the Nitro is now behaving as it should but is missing some performance juice.
  • Without any "user" load my GPU is used because it's warmed. I don't know what's causing this. I think this "background usage" is noticed in the benchmark difference.
  • Sometimes the fans are even turned off. Opening a movie, and pause it, will stop the fans immediately so there is still a
  • I read somewhere that installing macOS Mojave to an USB target drive would skip the APFS dependency. This is not true. I reinstalled macOS Mojave to an USB target drive and also on that drive everything is converted to use APFS.

Last edited:
Managed to successfully upgrade to Mojave with the latest unified EFI.

I'm forced to used the igpu as my 1080ti is out on RMA and my graphics is bugging out....not sure why.

What graphics issues are you having? Which connector are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Whats the difference between EFI 4.4.2 (Mojave) and EFI 4.3.2 (High Sierra). I download them both and looked to all files in folders and settings in config.plist and seem to be identical.

The only difference is that the r4.4.2 uses Coffee Lake ig-platform-id. High Sierra did not have support for this unless you were running 17G2112.

Back