Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
Asus Z370-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't see your attachment.

If you are asking about installing a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, just remember to use the plastic screw to mount the adaptor to the metal cage. If you don't have the plastic screw, you can use some tape to insulate the metal screw so that it doesn't make contact with the BCM94360CS2.

tbh i have installed it all with the screws that came with it and have just booted into windows, one problem, I've managed to get bluetooth working but no wifi. In Device manager under:

other devices > network controller > network controller properties "The drivers for the device are not installed (Code 28) blah blah blah"

Ive tried updating driver and choosing "browse my computer for driver software" and selecting the bootcamp5 folder and nothing still.

Suggestions?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
tbh i have installed it all with the screws that came with it and have just booted into windows, one problem, I've managed to get bluetooth working but no wifi. In Device manager under:

other devices > network controller > network controller properties "The drivers for the device are not installed (Code 28) blah blah blah"

Ive tried updating driver and choosing "browse my computer for driver software" and selecting the bootcamp5 folder and nothing still.

Suggestions?

That's exactly how I did it. I just installed the drivers from the Bootcamp folder. I don't know what else to try in Windows.

How is the card working in macOS?

Motherboard
Asus Z370-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's exactly how I did it. I just installed the drivers from the Bootcamp folder. I don't know what else to try in Windows.

How is the card working in macOS?

Sadly and annoyingly I'm yet to start installing macOS. I want to have everything running and in place on windows first to make sure everything works come the time to hack. In terms of parts, all thats left is to press checkout on amazon for the ssd drive and gpu.

A while back i purchased all the parts mentioned on post 40 and finally assembled it all today, I've just restarted and the network controller is still not working.

EDIT:

Situation solved, I searched online for drivers, the card is now working in Win10 both bluetooth and wifi. Fingers crossed all with run smoothly come the Hack. Top man chef for the help and links to the products and installation.

Cheers

P.S. lucky for me i didn't have to shave anything of my rear fan :D

IMG_2625.JPG

Last edited:

Z06

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
rx 580
Did you use the plastic screw to secure the adaptor to the metal cage?

Are you using uia_exclude= in your config.plist? If yes, did you exclude HS07?
Solved now. I had HS07 disabled like you mentioned. Disabled HS14 since I do not plan on using the internal headers. I was curious if there were any specific reasons HS07 was disabled instead of HS14? Concerned disabling HS14 will cause another problem to pop up down the line. Thank you for the suggestion, glad it works.

Attachments

• usb fix.png
    usb fix.png
    456.2 KB · Views: 97

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Solved now. I had HS07 disabled like you mentioned. Disabled HS14 since I do not plan on using the internal headers. I was curious if there were any specific reasons HS07 was disabled instead of HS14? Concerned disabling HS14 will cause another problem to pop up down the line. Thank you for the suggestion, glad it works.

If you don't have anything plugged in to the internal headers, disabling the port will do no harm.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sadly and annoyingly I'm yet to start installing macOS. I want to have everything running and in place on windows first to make sure everything works come the time to hack.

I always install macOS first. Lol. I'm much more comfortable with macOS and Windows is always a source of frustration for me.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I love how far this thread has come! Amazing. I've been rocking out with my HighSierra 10.13.2 since this thread had roughly 10 pages or so, it's been very stable for me. However, soon I will start updating and referring to this thread as I go. @pastrychef Thank you again for being so involved in your build and updating us along the journey :D

Btw, did you or anyone else (that has a z370-G) notice way back then if you were being limited/throttled on your speeds via LAN port? I always get no more than 80mbps on my Hackintosh meanwhile I get 260+ on my other PC that's connected to the same switch. I know there has been driver updates which I haven't updated yet but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced this. I don't want to update anything before I get a little more time on my hands to read through the thread and make sure everything goes smoothly.

I had it once or twice. Poor NIC performance about 100Mbit instead of 1Gbit. I noticed it transferring files to or from nas. It has something to with the offload / flow control setting. Go to Settings : network : Ethernet : advanced : Hardware : Is "Automatically" with options chosen: "full-duplex, flow-control, energy-efficient-ethernet" change it to "Manual" with options "full-duplex, energy-efficient-ethernet". That did the trick for me.

If you guys have time, please try switching to the RehabMan fork of IntelMausiEthernet.kext to see if it runs better for you. If it does, I may switch to it in the next release of the EFI folders.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
See this thread, post #1, paragraph 3.

With Mojave less than a week away, I would recommend just waiting for that.

Thanks, bro. Just to clarify, I'll need to use MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS with 17G2112 or can I still use the iMac18,2 SMBIOS?