Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

It is Silverlight (Safari Internet plug-in). I installed it for Netflix and I have Netflix opened.

Will close Netflix and check

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 1
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
InternalPreventDisplaySleep 1
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 43060(backupd): [0x0000dc1900018669] 00:03:10 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Time Machine backup"
pid 43060(backupd): [0x0000dc19000b8668] 00:03:10 BackgroundTask named: "Time Machine backup"
pid 324(nsurlsessiond): [0x0000dcd50001867f] 00:00:03 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "NSURLSessionTask 561D6051-168A-42E4-8B81-B311F4C3C0CF"
pid 324(nsurlsessiond): [0x0000dcd40001867e] 00:00:03 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "NSURLSessionTask 4B30D8FE-9948-480F-9C76-5F7ADC9BF4E6"
pid 40(UserEventAgent): [0x0000dbfb000b8664] 00:03:40 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.backupd-auto"
Created for PID: 73.
pid 99(hidd): [0x0000d53b0009854e] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4295007492.3"
Timeout will fire in 420 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
pid 54(powerd): [0x0000db1a00108337] 00:00:11 InternalPreventDisplaySleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.delayDisplayOff"
Timeout will fire in 288 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
Kernel Assertions: 0xc=USB,BT-HID
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14200000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
id=504 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14900000 owner=USB Optical Mouse
id=505 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleHSBluetoothDevice
id=599 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 6:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14600000 owner=Keyboard Hub
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Well, seems that closing Netflix helped to get rid of the problem, however need to wait for Time Machine to finish.
Will keep you posted!

It has been pretty quiet around here. I guess that's a good thing... No one reporting any problems... It's kind of like the calm before the storm, the storm being Mojave. But judging by how well the public betas have been running, I don't anticipate too many issues.

During this quiet period, I picked up a few accessories to play with. First, I got my hands on a really good condition vintage black Dell AT101W keyboard. Typing on this feels amazing. I've been a fan of the Alps key switches since using them on the old Apple Extended Keyboard II. I used a Matias Tactile Pro (version 1) for quite a few years but it never felt quite as good as the old keyboard. In this Dell AT101W, I think I've found perfection. I'm really loving the feel and build quality of this old keyboard and, despite its age, it looks pretty sexy. I recommend anyone who enjoys typing to look in to one of these. I'm using mine with a Monoprice USB to PS2 adaptor and it works perfectly even for accessing BIOS.

Update October 27, 2018:
Although the Monoprice USB to PS2 adaptor generally worked, I did experience some instances of skipped keys when typing. My guess is that it was due to lack of N-Key rollover. So, I switched to using my keyboard through he motherboard's PS2 connector and installed VoodooPS2Cotroller. PS2 by nature doesn't have N-key rollover problems. I also installed Karabiner so that I can control system volume through the Function keys.

TMz9Q4k.jpg

Another fun little device I picked up is a Behringer X-Touch Mini. You may be wondering why a non-musician may want a MIDI input device... Well, users have found alternative uses for this little device, such as using it for editing photos in Adobe Lightroom. Based on what I've read, this is a great alternative to the Loupedeck which has been marred by extremely shoddy build quality. At $50, it's also a much cheaper solution.

You can add further capabilities to this cool little device by using an app called Bome MIDI Translator Pro. This app translates the MIDI signals in to whatever you want. For example, you can program the buttons to control iTunes or VLC, etc. At £59 it's a bit expensive but really adds lots of functionality. (*This app also works with other MIDI controllers.)

pastrychef's very messy workstation...
IMG_6977.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that looks pretty cool!
I work a lot in Lightroom and never herd about anything like this device. Will definitely do a small research on it!

Thank you for nice update, Chef!

Hi @pastrychef how are you?

I am planning to do a clean install on my hack, i got the new MBP i9 to work so i have been working on it for a few weeks, but i now i want to work on my desktop again, at least when i am at home.

Any suggestion to make a clean install using Mojave? The guide is up to date to install on Mojave? I mean, the installation guide, not the updates you have been making during all this time.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Hi @pastrychef how are you?

I am planning to do a clean install on my hack, i got the new MBP i9 to work so i have been working on it for a few weeks, but i now i want to work on my desktop again, at least when i am at home.

Any suggestion to make a clean install using Mojave? The guide is up to date to install on Mojave? I mean, the installation guide, not the updates you have been making during all this time.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

The procedure is the same.
  1. Make USB flash drive installer.
  2. Copy EFI folder to USB flash drive.
  3. Install.
  4. Copy EFI folder to main system drive.

If you are lazy and want to save some time...
  1. Clone main system drive of your MBP to an SSD connect via USB.
  2. Copy EFI folder to SSD.
  3. Install the SSD to your desktop.

This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Public Service Announcement:
Mojave will be the last version of macOS that will officially have support for 32-bit apps. If you are like me, you may have some old legacy apps or games that will most probably never be updated to 64-bit. So, what can we do about it? Well, we can use VMware Fusion.

Before we proceed any further, please read the red, bold text at the top of this post again!!

VMware Fusion allows for the installation of macOS on a virtual machine from within macOS. This means that we can create a Mojave (or older versions of macOS) in to a virtual machine so that we can continue to use our old legacy 32-bit apps and games. It does a clean install using the Recovery partition that's found on any macOS system.

The video below demonstrates how it's done:

Once again, any discussion of pre-built virtual machines/images will result in deletion of the post and a possible ban from the forum.

you are bored ? or did not you have enough of your last purchase? who spoke about piracy here? be more calm ... the nervous cell is the only one that does not recover ...
you better tell us why mojave has not been released yet, although it was announced today for September 24 ...

Back