Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC)
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Once again thanks to you @pastrychef my Monterey install was smooth. I just used your OC config from stock but I disabled safe boot as it kept on rebooting.

The only minor thing I have is with my dual boot. When I select Windows from the boot picker it just hangs. I disconnected the Windows SSD when I installed Monterey then plugged it back in. I thought if I reinstalled Windows from scratch it would fix it ( disconnected the Monterey SSD when doing this).

Once again any help would be appreciated and thanks again in advance.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Once again thanks to you @pastrychef my Monterey install was smooth. I just used your OC config from stock but I disabled safe boot as it kept on rebooting.

The only minor thing I have is with my dual boot. When I select Windows from the boot picker it just hangs. I disconnected the Windows SSD when I installed Monterey then plugged it back in. I thought if I reinstalled Windows from scratch it would fix it ( disconnected the Monterey SSD when doing this).

Once again any help would be appreciated and thanks again in advance.

I don't know... I don't test the EFI folders for Windows compatibility... When I need to boot in to Windows, I use the BIOS boot menu (spam F8 key on boot).

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC)
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi @pastrychef
It's me again.
I created my USBPorts.kext with Hackintool and just wanted to know, if I have to put the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml & SSDT-UIAC.aml in the ACPI Folder and enter my USB uia_exclude bootarguments in OC Config?

Thank you very much!

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @pastrychef
It's me again.
I created my USBPorts.kext with Hackintool and just wanted to know, if I have to put the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml & SSDT-UIAC.aml in the ACPI Folder and enter my USB uia_exclude bootarguments in OC Config?

Thank you very much!

If you use the USBPorts.kext, you do not need SSDT-UIAC.aml or the uia_exclude boot argument.

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml isn't really needed either. You can just use SSDT-EC.aml because the USBPorts.kext already does the USB power injection.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC)
CPU
i7-9700K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys,
I spent 21 days of vacation in the United States, beautiful !!! .... and I let myself be tempted to buy the WD_BLACK 500GB SN750 NVMe on offer.
I highly recommend updating our system for those on macOs Monterey, boot times are back very fast and solving Samsung NVMe drive incompatibility issues (for those who have them). I have a SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB - NVMe which is now used as a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) formatted data drive.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Clover EFI updated to r5142.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS Hero
CPU
intel core i7 8700k
Graphics
amd vega
Hello, I try to load the Monterey install app using OpenCore EFI 0.7.6 but got stuck. I upload the screen here, can you help me out? Thanks !
IMG_2403.jpeg
IMG_2404.jpeg

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro