Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Attachments

• config.plist
    37 KB · Views: 38
Hi Pastry,

It's a success! (No, I have not ever seen the OpenCore Boot picker earlier, but after creating a brand new usb pedrive - 16GB this time instead of a 32GB - copying the EFI partition after creating a bootable Monterey install - finally - succeeded! Many thanks for the simple - but extremely useful advise!

I initiated the install till the next screen (Start Safari, Disk Utility, etc...) and also saw that Disk Utility successfully recognized the current Catalina install on the Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB NVME device.

I read many posts about Samsung NVME incompatibility with Monterey. Would you suggest to procceed with a fresh install on this specific Samsung NVME? Thanks.
I reverted to Big Sur because I had filed system problems even with attached Samsung SSDs on both Hackintosh and MacBook:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ld-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/post-2286706

What's the difference with mine

I got rid of some of the DeviceProperties because I thought the issue may have been with PCI-e stuff.

I use your 0.7.6 EFI, but it's stuck, also.

Last edited:
@pastrychef

I got tired of my BT USB dongle and Tp-link PCI netcard, so I bought this instead (and a M.2 converter of course): https://www.macmedic.dk/collections...r-2013-2017-wifi-kort-airport-bluetooth-board

Mounted it on the MB today. Booted up in Big Sur with your OC 0.7.6 EFI (with my own serial). I get an OC error "failed dropping A-something and a looong number" on boot up with your EFI, but it boots up afterwards. BT works OOB with this card, but WIFI not so much. I initially could log on to my WIFI, but speeds were VERY slow. 3-5 Mbps on a 1Gbps connection. My speed was typically 200-300Mbps with the Tp-link. Then suddenly it could connect to WIFI, but no IP address. I got a message with a hidden network?!? Never seen that before.

Tried to do clean install Monterey with your OC 0.7.6 EFI. After disk format and going on with the installer, I get an "A firmware update could not be installed" error during install. Then I have to choose a boot disk and then got a spinning cursor that never ends.

My hardware is same motherboard (same BIOS settings), 8700K w. Noctua cooler, Vega 56, WD NVME m.2 drive, 4x8GB Fury ram. No other HW installed on the system.

I'm in the middle of doing a clean Big Sur with my old "working" EFI as I'm writing this. The wifi-card should work and cut down on potential problems, right?

Thanks!

@pastrychef

I got tired of my BT USB dongle and Tp-link PCI netcard, so I bought this instead (and a M.2 converter of course): https://www.macmedic.dk/collections...r-2013-2017-wifi-kort-airport-bluetooth-board

Mounted it on the MB today. Booted up in Big Sur with your OC 0.7.6 EFI (with my own serial). I get an OC error "failed dropping A-something and a looong number" on boot up with your EFI, but it boots up afterwards. BT works OOB with this card, but WIFI not so much. I initially could log on to my WIFI, but speeds were VERY slow. 3-5 Mbps on a 1Gbps connection. My speed was typically 200-300Mbps with the Tp-link. Then suddenly it could connect to WIFI, but no IP address. I got a message with a hidden network?!? Never seen that before.

Tried to do clean install Monterey with your OC 0.7.6 EFI. After disk format and going on with the installer, I get an "A firmware update could not be installed" error during install. Then I have to choose a boot disk and then got a spinning cursor that never ends.

My hardware is same motherboard (same BIOS settings), 8700K w. Noctua cooler, Vega 56, WD NVME m.2 drive, 4x8GB Fury ram. No other HW installed on the system.

I'm in the middle of doing a clean Big Sur with my old "working" EFI as I'm writing this. The wifi-card should work and cut down on potential problems, right?

Thanks!

That card should work OOTB. Don't do anything extra in your config.plist for Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

Ever seen this?

tempImageAzTHO5.jpg

Well. WIFI works in Big Sur now ?!?!

I'm trying to upgrade to Monterey via the Software update in the OS. 7 minutes left aws.

Back