Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hmm... I'll have to check it out later and get back to you...

Please try downloading the EFI again. I had an error in the config.plist.
Great man, as always you solved problems.
VT-d enabled and bluetooth works, .... everything works.
Thanks

Hmm... I'll have to check it out later and get back to you...

Please try downloading the EFI again. I had an error in the config.plist.
Hi, I was having the same issue when enabling vTd (even though I don't use any virtualisation software I wanted to follow your recommendation of activating it in bios): lack of response on keyboard and bluetooth magic mouse once in the macOS login screen.

I have downloaded the new version again as you recommended to snoopy69, but I loose keyboard and mouse if vTd is enabled. I have done it twice just to be sure I was not making some mistake (I also recharge the page just in case).
Only thing I've done is add piker and my serials. I have above 4G decoding active as in your bios pics in post #1
The rest seems to be ok, so I am not worried about vTd for now.

Hi Pastry, I also updated to the newest version, Bluetooth etc. works with VTd enabled, but at the boot screen I cannot select to clear the NVRAM because the keyboard doesn't work, neither BLuetooth nor cable. Any ideas what this could be?

EDIT: OK, now I enabled CSM. Then I could use the keyboard on the startscreen and clear NVRAM, but then neither keyboard nor mouse was working at the login screen, buth via cable or bluetooth. Then I disabled CSM and voilà, I can clear NVRAM on start up and I can login via bluetooth and cable.

Last edited:
Hi, I was having the same issue when enabling vTd (even though I don't use any virtualisation software I wanted to follow your recommendation of activating it in bios): lack of response on keyboard and bluetooth magic mouse once in the macOS login screen.

I have downloaded the new version again as you recommended to snoopy69, but I loose keyboard and mouse if vTd is enabled. I have done it twice just to be sure I was not making some mistake (I also recharge the page just in case).
Only thing I've done is add piker and my serials. I have above 4G decoding active as in your bios pics in post #1

I don't know why you are having USB problems... I tested on a system with File Vault enabled and the keyboard worked fine.

I don't know why you are having USB problems... I tested on a system with File Vault enabled and the keyboard worked fine.
We'll, I´ll try again, all is good without vTd. I understand it is optional to enable.

In the meantime: I have managed to fit my two gpus! All is running super smooth now in Cinema with Octane. Still doing test, but I feel very happy today thanks to you, this rig and your continuous help.

I am going to try now some overclocking and see how far I can pull and if having the two gpu does seriously affect cpu temp.

_dual cards.png
_dual_gpu_temps_no-OverCLocking.png

Hi again, regarding the EFI. I notice a flashing text in the top left corner since using the latest 0.7.4 version, I have finally taken a pic of it.
I don't´think I touched anything in the refi other than serials and adding pikera arg, could you confirm?

IMG_2971.png

Hi again, regarding the EFI. I notice a flashing text in the top left corner since using the latest 0.7.4 version, I have finally taken a pic of it.
I don't´think I touched anything in the refi other than serials and adding pikera arg, could you confirm?

View attachment 530270

I don't see that.

Something must be wrong with the attachment, sorry, it reads:

OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44 0000000000000000 0 (0) - Not Found

I'm not seeing that on boot. It just goes from the Asus splash screen to OpenCore Boot Picker without incident.

Hi @Goiniro ,
if it helps I took screenshots of my BIOS, I have these settings for a long time and everything works for me. After the last @pastrychef correction of the config.plist it works wonders. The only thing I do is replace the USBPorts.kext with mine and in the config.plist under 'DeviceProperties' I enter my devices and add the Injection of AMD Vega Power for my video card.

tempImageiuhXPU.pngtempImagecoTdjP.pngtempImage62rUJu.pngtempImageV6Cfhm.pngtempImageF1SNTN.pngtempImageRj8fv4.pngtempImagesK0CEJ.pngtempImageroWwDM.pngtempImageajr6V6.pngtempImagevnNns4.png

Back