Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
Asus Strix Z370G Gaming WiFi (64GB RAM)
CPU
i7 8700K Coffee Lake
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega 56 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
After upgrading to 11.3.1 and using OC EFI my hackintosh stopped syncing Safari tabs to my Apple devices. It can see their iClout Tabs just fine, but they can't see hackintosh tabs at all. In addition to that, the safari web pages handoff feature seems to be broken, the safari handoff icon shows up on my macbook when I open new web page on hackintosh, but pressing it just opens an empty safari tab, not the web page.

Anyone seen anything like it and knows how to fix that? I tried turning the safari sync off/on on all my devices, tried to signout/signin to iCloud account, tried rebooting, nothing changed so far.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
the safari web pages handoff feature seems to be broken

I just tested this between my hackbook and my desktop and it seems to be working fine in both directions.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
About half hour and three reboots...

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 3.29.27 PM.png

Motherboard
GA Z390 M gaming
CPU
i5 9400-f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, @pastrychef. Today I filed a big harsh complaint under the Apple feedback session. I want to share my experience with others In any case, I was wondering wonder which is the proper section for that.

I think it's worth to be discussed. It was a very stressful experience and as I promised, I'll post my experience on every forum until they will make changes. I don't have the possibility to contact you privately. But, if you hear about it, I am sure that you will agree. How can I talk to you pvt? Maybe if you send me a PM, I can reply?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, @pastrychef. Today I filed a big harsh complaint under the Apple feedback session. I want to share my experience with others In any case, I was wondering wonder which is the proper section for that.

I think it's worth to be discussed. It was a very stressful experience and as I promised, I'll post my experience on every forum until they will make changes. I don't have the possibility to contact you privately. But, if you hear about it, I am sure that you will agree. How can I talk to you pvt? Maybe if you send me a PM, I can reply?

Private communications are not allowed on this forum. The best place for such a discussion is probably in the Forum > The Clubhouse > Bat Cave.

Motherboard
GA Z390 M gaming
CPU
i5 9400-f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Private communications are not allowed on this forum. The best place for such a discussion is probably in the Forum > The Clubhouse > Bat Cave.
It's really something important, and also something that will pass unnoticed until you find yourself in the position to find out. I swear that it is something that everyone needs to know. I never seen this discussed. It looks like the Bat Cave is for off-topic discussion. Do people read what's in there?

Motherboard
GA Z390 M gaming
CPU
i5 9400-f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef it's about iOS, not about hackintosh. But, since many on here own an iPhone, they have the right to know, and I'd be glad to let you be the judge of the my report.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's really something important, and also something that will pass unnoticed until you find yourself in the position to find out. I swear that it is something that everyone needs to know. I never seen this discussed. It looks like the Bat Cave is for off-topic discussion. Do people read what's in there?

Unfortunately, I don't have the authority to change the rules. I'm bound by the same sets of rules as the rest of the users, and private communications can lead to a suspension or ban...

Best to start a thread in Bat Cave...

Motherboard
GA Z390 M gaming
CPU
i5 9400-f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef I understand that and I am grateful about your help. I'd be very happy if you could waste a minute to read my post as I am writing it under the section Bat Cave/iOS/iPhone.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@pastrychef I understand that and I am grateful about your help. I'd be very happy if you could waste a minute to read my post as I am writing it under the section Bat Cave/iOS/iPhone.

I don't see any post. Please post a link.