Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

There are some systems that seem to need SSDT-EC to boot in to Catalina and newer. My Z370, Z390, and Vostro 3480 laptop don't seem to need it so I omitted them.

SSDT-EC-USBX just adds USB power injection in to the SSDT. I have the power injection stuff in my USB ports kext so I don't use that one either.

Yes, exactly. It's super easy.

Yes. Delete the SSDT from the patched folder and USBInjectAll.kext if you use that. Then, put the kext in the /kext/Other/ folder.

No joy :(.

When i boot without ssdt and with usbinjectall, i have 0 usbs, login screen loads and no keyboard nor mouse. I tried many ways, at one point managed to make the kext but my usb3 disk were read only. Usb2 were not recognized on usb3 ports etc. Also at some point when i deleted usbinjectall and ssdt and tried to load only with usb kext, the loading bar took a looong time and then stopped in the middle of the loading.

Could You write step by step how to go from non working ssdt to usb kext as i have to start over.
So far not so easy. Tried some ways written in how-tos but all made for open core (i use clover), and others are years old.

Thanks alot!

No joy :(.

When i boot without ssdt and with usbinjectall, i have 0 usbs, login screen loads and no keyboard nor mouse. I tried many ways, at one point managed to make the kext but my usb3 disk were read only. Usb2 were not recognized on usb3 ports etc. Also at some point when i deleted usbinjectall and ssdt and tried to load only with usb kext, the loading bar took a looong time and then stopped in the middle of the loading.

Could You write step by step how to go from non working ssdt to usb kext as i have to start over.
So far not so easy. Tried some ways written in how-tos but all made for open core (i use clover), and others are years old.

Thanks alot!

If you have a working SSDT, boot with it.
Then launch Hackintool and click on the USB tab.
If your SSDT is working correctly, you should only see the ports you enabled with your SSDT.
Now, just click the export button and it will create the kext for you.

Or, you can grab my USB ports kext from one of my OpenCore EFI folders in post #1.

The biggest advantage of the kext is that there are no executables.

If you have a working SSDT, boot with it.
Then launch Hackintool and click on the USB tab.
If your SSDT is working correctly, you should only see the ports you enabled with your SSDT.
Now, just click the export button and it will create the kext for you.

Or, you can grab my USB ports kext from one of my OpenCore EFI folders in post #1.

The biggest advantage of the kext is that there are no executables.
Same thing with Your USB kexts, works too, like it finds drives but they are read only. Could there be something in config file ?

Same thing with Your USB kexts, works too, like it finds drives but they are read only. Could there be something in config file ?

I have never heard of USB ports making drives read-only.

I have never heard of USB ports making drives read-only.
Sorry, there was problem with BM Disk Speed disk and permissions. (tried to do speedtest), so drives seem to work!

Bluetooth was not working also but found a solution.
Thanks alot for Your help, You are a lifesaver!
PK

Last edited:
Back