Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Triple check that the USB port that's connected to Bluetooth is set to connector type 255.

<key>HS12</key>
<dict>
<key>UsbConnector</key>
<integer>255</integer>
<key>name</key>
<string>HS12</string>
<key>port</key>
<data>
DAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

Triple check that the USB port that's connected to Bluetooth is set to connector type 255.

Try booting in to Windows or Linux and see if Bluetooth gives you any problems to confirm if it's a hardware issue or not.

One more thing I noticed: Is proximity wake supposed to be set to 0? How can I change it to 1?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-27 um 17.04.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-27 um 17.04.56.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 29
It appears that just enabling PTT - Platform Trust Technology - on these boards will allow us to install Win11, no need for any TPM2.0 chip to be purchased. (Amazon is now completely sold out of them.).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-11-tpm-enable-bios-uefi has a few comments.

My question is how will this impact my ability to boot MacOS easily. To me it sounds like I'll have to go into BIOS and disable Secure Boot and possibly other functions to be able to boot MacOS. Early betas of Win11 don't keep checking for TPM/SecureBoot/etc. after initial install, but speculation questions how long that will last.

It appears that just enabling PTT - Platform Trust Technology - on these boards will allow us to install Win11, no need for any TPM2.0 chip to be purchased. (Amazon is now completely sold out of them.).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-11-tpm-enable-bios-uefi has a few comments.

My question is how will this impact my ability to boot MacOS easily. To me it sounds like I'll have to go into BIOS and disable Secure Boot and possibly other functions to be able to boot MacOS. Early betas of Win11 don't keep checking for TPM/SecureBoot/etc. after initial install, but speculation questions how long that will last.

Confirmed. No issue with TPM2.0 and Win11 as long as SecureBoot/OtherOS is enabled and as long as Intel TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is enabled. Both can be enabled by poking in the BIOS for a few minutes. Doing so means the device will pass Microsoft's "PC Health Check" Win11 healthcheck tool.

MacOS bootup is not negatively impacted either.

Thus, no issues at all.

I am mapping my USB ports again at the moment, one thing is strange. On ports PRT1 und PRT2 I don't get the 10Gbps, only the 5Gbps which is only USB 3.0. But I thought these ports should support 3.1. gen2?

You don't have to do anything with the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports. Don't map them.

My question is how will this impact my ability to boot MacOS easily. To me it sounds like I'll have to go into BIOS and disable Secure Boot and possibly other functions to be able to boot MacOS.

I don't know... I've never messed with that BIOS feature.

Confirmed. No issue with TPM2.0 and Win11 as long as SecureBoot/OtherOS is enabled and as long as Intel TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is enabled. Both can be enabled by poking in the BIOS for a few minutes. Doing so means the device will pass Microsoft's "PC Health Check" Win11 healthcheck tool.

MacOS bootup is not negatively impacted either.

Thus, no issues at all.

Confirmed with the dev release of Windows 11 - works, no problems in either Win11 or MacOS 11.4. OpenCore .69, using Oc to boot from both. No TPM2.0 requirements, just used Intel TPM.

The risk here is rumor has it the full release of Win11 will require TPM2.0. Details unknown at this point.

Last edited:
Back