Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Does anyone of you notice a crash of bluetooth connections after wake up? It doesn't happen all of the time and it started to happen since the last update. My bluetooth device is powered by an internal USB connector. Over the years it worked flawlessly, but maybe that's the problem? Please find my USBPorts.kext attached.

Or maybe it's WhateverGreen, but usually it crashed the whole system after wake up.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Does anyone of you notice a crash of bluetooth connections after wake up? It doesn't happen all of the time and it started to happen since the last update. My bluetooth device is powered by an internal USB connector. Over the years it worked flawlessly, but maybe that's the problem? Please find my USBPorts.kext attached.

Or maybe it's WhateverGreen, but usually it crashed the whole system after wake up.

I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth.

When you say "crash", what do you mean? How do Bluetooth connections crash?

I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth.

When you say "crash", what do you mean? How do Bluetooth connections crash?

my Bluetooth devices like the Track Pad or the Keyboard are just gone, not connected anymore. I can plug in the cable and everything works, but Bluetooth is down. It’s also not possible to reconnect. When I restart, everything is back to normal.

my Bluetooth devices like the Track Pad or the Keyboard are just gone, not connected anymore. I can plug in the cable and everything works, but Bluetooth is down. It’s also not possible to reconnect. When I restart, everything is back to normal.

I've never had that happen. How is your Bluetooth connected? Via a cable?

I'm trying to upgrade to Big Sur and OC 0.7.0 but I get this halfway during startup and then it stope and restart from BIOS.
I have a Radeon RX580 card.

How do I go about troubleshooting?
How do I setup Cortana to be verbose? Do I need to install the debug version?

Thanks

IMG_3439.jpg

I'm trying to upgrade to Big Sur and OC 0.7.0 but I get this halfway during startup and then it stope and restart from BIOS.
I have a Radeon RX580 card.

How do I go about troubleshooting?
How do I setup Cortana to be verbose? Do I need to install the debug version?

Thanks

View attachment 521168

This is normal if you don't have WhateverGreen installed. It's mostly just cosmetic and should not affect performance or compatibility.

This is not a symptom that should be causing reboots. Boot in verbose mode to find out what's wrong.

Clover EFI updated to r5136
  • Kexts updated to latest release versions

Opencore EFI updated to 0.7.0
  • Kexts updated to latest release versions

I highly suggest testing new EFIs from a USB flash drive before replacing your existing, working EFI. Also, it's a good idea to clear NVRAM a few times when moving to a new EFI.

Note:
Before you even ask, discussion of Developer Previews are not allowed on this forum due to them being under NDA.

This is normal if you don't have WhateverGreen installed. It's mostly just cosmetic and should not affect performance or compatibility.

This is not a symptom that should be causing reboots. Boot in verbose mode to find out what's wrong.
Thanks!
I'll check WhateverGreen.
The verbose log scrolls out incredibly fast, too much to read.
Is it written somewhere?

Thanks.

Back