Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

this:
Code:
<key>PlayChime</key>
            <true/>

should be:
Code:
<key>PlayChime</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
set to Enabled, Disabled or Auto
Thanx a lot. Solved

Don't use your old config.plist. Use the config.plist included with my EFI and copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to it.
Perfect!!! All seems to be working smooth

Missing a lot of USB ports. Only 2 USB 3.0 recognized.

Not possible. Launch Hackintool and click on the USB tab, then post a screen shot of the window.

Hi Pastrychef

I took the plunge and went the OpenCore route with your setup. This was so much easier than clover. Your build keeps becoming more and more robust.
I just have 3 questions:

1- My RX570 comes up as ??? - I guess this is cosmetic but wanted to know if there is a way to inject it at all
2- You wouldn't be able to tell me what kernel I use for injecting audio (I'm using properTree to manage my config.plist) A while back you helped with a clover setup, which helped me enable my mic and headphones on the front audio and rear audio jacks.
3- Can I run Windows on another volume and boot off it going directly into BIOS (do I need any specific setup in bios to do this? Apparently OC cant detect a Windows bootloader?)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 22.20.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 22.20.13.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-12-17 alle 10.53.05.png
    Schermata 2020-12-17 alle 10.53.05.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi Pastrychef

I took the plunge and went the OpenCore route with your setup. This was so much easier than clover. Your build keeps becoming more and more robust.
I just have 3 questions:

1- My RX570 comes up as ??? - I guess this is cosmetic but wanted to know if there is a way to inject it at all
2- You wouldn't be able to tell me what kernel I use for injecting audio (I'm using properTree to manage my config.plist) A while back you helped with a clover setup, which helped me enable my mic and headphones on the front audio and rear audio jacks.
3- Can I run Windows on another volume and boot off it going directly into BIOS (do I need any specific setup in bios to do this? Apparently OC cant detect a Windows bootloader?)

Thanks in advance

Yes. It's cosmetic. You can edit config.plist to name your video card anything you like. Please see the bottom of this post and look for "How to populate System Information > PCI".

The audio-id used is in config.plist > DeviceProperties. You can change it back to the audio-id you previously used.

OpenCore should be able to detect Windows fine. However, I always boot Windows from the BIOS boot menu.

Your USB ports kext is not working right. Please re-do it and/or make sure it is enabled in config.plist.

Do you have any kernel panic log? Is it crashing during sleep or when you try to wake?

I suspect it might be due to AppleALC...

You can try adding the following:
View attachment 501208

well, I enabled whatever green again, to test it with the new oc version and It didn’t crash anymore after sleep mode. But thanks anyway!

I have a Synology clone too with an 8 disk SHR2 array (no SSD caches). I use APF. No Jumbo Frames. This is what I get. (I'm currently playing some stuff from Plex from it so it may affect speeds slightly...)

Thank you! More or less I have the same speed. Honestly I was expecting a bit more in writing performance!

I've also just updated to BigSur 11.1 and successfully using your patch for Syba ACQ107 and everything is working, thanks again.

Only one thing is disappointing under Big Sur: RadeonBoost.kext seems not to work properly (or at all?) and my Geekbench Metal score is now back to 64/65K instead of 100K under Catalina. Do you know of any workaround for that problem?

Back