Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm really confused. I have 10.15.7 working fine on my Z370M-ITX/ac using Clover. I would like to switch to Opencore, so I downloaded your file from #1. When I open the config.plist with CloverConfigurator, it appears blank. Is there a different program I should use to add my serial number stuff?

Thanks

Do not open OpenCore config.plists with Clover Configurator. You can use OpenCore Configurator, Plist Edit Pro, or ProperTree.

Do not open OpenCore config.plists with Clover Configurator. You can use OpenCore Configurator, Plist Edit Pro, or ProperTree.
I figured Clover Configurator probably was not the thing to use as there is no Clover, but I did not know that OpenCore Configurator existed. Thanks for pointing that out.

I now have Big Sur running under Open Core. However, I have 2 problems (of course)

First, I no longer have Wifi or Bluetooth. (Sleep and wake seem to work). I used to have several kexts that gave me Wifi and Bluetooth.....4 BCRM kexts and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext. Do I need these and if so how do I install them? I read somewhere that the order of install is important.

And second, my USB ports are not right. What do I do with the files that previously were in ACPI/patched and origin?

Thanks for your help.

I figured Clover Configurator probably was not the thing to use as there is no Clover, but I did not know that OpenCore Configurator existed. Thanks for pointing that out.

I now have Big Sur running under Open Core. However, I have 2 problems (of course)

First, I no longer have Wifi or Bluetooth. (Sleep and wake seem to work). I used to have several kexts that gave me Wifi and Bluetooth.....4 BCRM kexts and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext. Do I need these and if so how do I install them? I read somewhere that the order of install is important.

And second, my USB ports are not right. What do I do with the files that previously were in ACPI/patched and origin?

Thanks for your help.
I forgot to mention that I used your OC from #1

I tried updating to Big Sur from the appstore based on positive comments but when booting into the installer drive thru OC I get an SDErrorDomain error 104.
I am using the EFI from post #1, the only changes are my smbios stuff + DisableIoMapper enabled + my custom USBports.kext

Any idea what might be causing this?
My OS SSD (called OSX) also don't show up when the Update Assistant starts :(

IMG_2362.JPG

If I boot from my clone drive I see this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 02.17.59.png

Thanks for your help.

If you were using SSDT-USB with USBInjectAll, do the following:
Open the config.plist
Disable my USB ports kext.
Add your SSDT for USB.
Add USBInjectAll.

If you had your own kexts to enable your Wi-Fi card, you will need to add the kexts to config.plist and enable it.

I tried updating to Big Sur from the appstore based on positive comments but when booting into the installer drive thru OC I get an SDErrorDomain error 104.
I am using the EFI from post #1, the only changes are my smbios stuff + DisableIoMapper enabled + my custom USBports.kext

Any idea what might be causing this?
My OS SSD (called OSX) also don't show up when the Update Assistant starts :(

View attachment 495755

If I boot from my clone drive I see this:

View attachment 495754

The only reason that I can think of that would prevent it from setting boot drive is NVRAM not working but it should be fine on Z370.

The Data drive is normal as of Catalina.

Success with Big Sur, I am with OC 0.6.3 .... warmly thank @pastrychef for making our customac work so well.
Big Sur Italy.png

The Data drive is normal as of Catalina.
I understand it should have all those volumes but... after the upgrade attempt when i open my OS drive via the normal desktop icon it shows me an empty volume, so something broke. Now OC wont even "see" the drive at the bootpicker.

I guess I'll have to go the clean install route :(

I understand it should have all those volumes but... after the upgrade attempt when i open my OS drive via the normal desktop icon it shows me an empty volume, so something broke. Now OC wont even "see" the drive at the bootpicker.

I guess I'll have to go the clean install route :(

Try booting to the Recovery partition and re-install on top of your existing installation.

Thank you, update without errors and Big Sur is working fine.

I wonder about the first startup message:
The machine is booting without problems. On the black field there is my MAC Adress of the Ethernet Adapter without :.
I inserted it on the ROM key field.
May i just ignore this?

IMG_1428.jpg

Back