Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, you still need it. That's the kext that's responsible for activating your motherboard audio.

okay. i'm just trying to figure out how to inject to code from here into my OC config.
is this the correct section to be looking at? or do i create a new entry?
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.14.44 AM.png

using the new config for the whole day, turned off xmp profiles. and i haven't gotten any freezes since i turned on my pc this morning..

is there no way to run the ram at full speed now?

Whether or not your system is stable with XMP enabled has nothing to do with your Cover or OpenCore configuration. It has to do with your CPU's IMC, BIOS settings, motherboard, RAM, and XMP profile.

RAM with high clocks are overclocked. As with all things overclocked, there can be stability issues. Some XMP profiles adjust BCLK which in turn affects CPU clocks. You have to test what's stable for your particular system.

@pastrychef

Hey Pastry

I'm getting a lot of crashes on my Asrock z370...would you mind look at the apple panic report and let me know if you can see what it means?

They all happen while surfing on safari

They seem to be cpu related

I did try 18.3 sys definition it's the same

Not overclocked

That install was a clone from a SSD to an M.2 fromatted APFS not a clean install

and it started to be unstable after a) I upgraded the bios to 4.20

and b) did the last Security Update

I havent done the usb mapping port yet

if you want other files let me know (IOReg etc)

Attachments

• lastcrash.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 51
  • EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 42
@pastrychef

Hey Pastry

I'm getting a lot of crashes on my Asrock z370...would you mind look at the apple panic report and let me know if you can see what it means?

They all happen while surfing on safari

They seem to be cpu related

I did try 18.3 sys definition it's the same

Not overclocked

That install was a clone from a SSD to an M.2 fromatted APFS not a clean install

and it started to be unstable after a) I upgraded the bios to 4.20

and b) did the last Security Update

I havent done the usb mapping port yet

if you want other files let me know (IOReg etc)

I can't tell what's causing the panic.

Do you need the slide=0, agdpmod=pikera, and darkwake=8 boot arguments???
Are you using a Firewire PCI-e card?
Does your BIOS allow you to set DVMT prealloc?
Have you tried disabling XMP in BIOS?
Why are you using AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext and NVMeFix.kext?

Please try this EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 49
Slide=0 I don't know...
agdpmod I just added because I thought this might be also GPU related and to try to solve these crashes...
Not using any firewire card but 2 PCIE x4 cards for extra m.2 drives and one for my Fenvi blue tooth card
I'm using a e-sata pcie card for a 2tb e-sata G-drive that I use for backups
DVMT is set to 128
Have not tried disabling XMP, but if I do what's the use of having 3200 DDR
NNvme fix because I thought originally that these crashed might be related to my m2 drives

Sorry it crashed....darkwake=8 yes for sleep otherwise it does not sleep well. will try you new EFI.

By the way I wrote to Asrock and they sent me a downgradable 3.40 bios version. I just need to install windows to do the procedure as a last resort.

My system was stable under bios 3.4....

Back