Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

UPDATE: I've been able to enter to a NEW profile and - after a long while with spinning wheel - now everything is working smoothly under this user profile.
So now... why the main profile has been freezing ? any ideas?

I'm almost 100% sure it's software related. Disable login items, background processes, and launchdaemons.

I'm almost 100% sure it's software related. Disable login items, background processes, and launchdaemons.

I've tried "Safe Mode" and the issue is still there. Safe mode is supposed to be at a minimum of background processes, and launchdaemons, isn't it?

Now I've been able to login in the main profile and I launched Utility Disk: Mac drive is perfectly ok but I see TWO instances of it in finder's left column. Isn't weird? Can this issue be related to some APFS thing? Another "suspect" is that as soon as I open DriveDx, it opens and then quits with unknown error. Or the main SSD (Samsung EVO 860 2TB) is going to die?

I've tried "Safe Mode" and the issue is still there. Safe mode is supposed to be at a minimum of background processes, and launchdaemons, isn't it?

Now I've been able to login in the main profile and I launched Utility Disk: Mac drive is perfectly ok but I see TWO instances of it in finder's left column. Isn't weird? Can this issue be related to some APFS thing? Another "suspect" is that as soon as I open DriveDx, it opens and then quits with unknown error. Or the main SSD (Samsung EVO 860 2TB) is going to die?

I've never seen two instances of my system drive... Maybe something is wrong or corrupt...

I've never seen two instances of my system drive... Maybe something is wrong or corrupt...
Thanks ... I must say that TRIM was NOT enabled and maybe this has deteriorated the SSD (Samsung 860 EVO with 4 years of life now)... I've ordered a new disc and in the weekend I will make a fresh installation of Monterey and then a restore from the previous SSD of what I can read properly.

Hello, Maybe there are some new ideas why the booting up might not go? Still trying to fix it without success. Empirically, I found out that MacOS is updated normally up to 13.2.1 / 13.3 beta 3. But if I update to 13.3 beta 4 and 13.3 RC, I get a kernel panic, with the same lines described in my previous messages.
RecoveryHD also stops booting.

All the same lines before the panic:
com.apple.securityd.xpc, requestor = bluetoothd(189), error = 3: No such process
com.apple.analyticsd, flags = 0x8, requestor = bluetoothd(189), error = 3: No such process
com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc, flags = 0x8, requestor = bluetooth(189), error =159: Sandbox restriction

After that, the apple logo and progress bar appear for a few seconds, then reboot.
OC 090 from post#1
Thanks anyway.

UPD: on 13.3 RC, loading takes a little further. Of course, I'm not very good at it, but it seems that MacOS cannot complete the update normally.

Attachments

• photo_2023-03-25_11-12-39.jpg
    photo_2023-03-25_11-12-39.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hello, Maybe there are some new ideas why the booting up might not go? Still trying to fix it without success. Empirically, I found out that MacOS is updated normally up to 13.2.1 / 13.3 beta 3. But if I update to 13.3 beta 4 and 13.3 RC, I get a kernel panic, with the same lines described in my previous messages.
RecoveryHD also stops booting.

All the same lines before the panic:
com.apple.securityd.xpc, requestor = bluetoothd(189), error = 3: No such process
com.apple.analyticsd, flags = 0x8, requestor = bluetoothd(189), error = 3: No such process
com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc, flags = 0x8, requestor = bluetooth(189), error =159: Sandbox restriction

After that, the apple logo and progress bar appear for a few seconds, then reboot.
OC 090 from post#1
Thanks anyway.

UPD: on 13.3 RC, loading takes a little further. Of course, I'm not very good at it, but it seems that MacOS cannot complete the update normally.

Can you try config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > ProvideCurrentCpuInfo = Enabled and see if it works?

Edit:
You can also try adding the "-no-compat-check" boot-arg.

Last edited:
Can you try config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > ProvideCurrentCpuInfo = Enabled and see if it works?

Edit:
You can also try adding the "-no-compat-check" boot-arg.
Unfortunately, the above did not help

Hello Pastrychef, did you update to 13.3?
I used your EFI (OpenCore 0.90), all worked fine but after todays update to 13.3 the won’t boot.
The logo is there a few seconds, then disk activity stops, 20 sec later reboot :(

Any ideas?

Hello Pastrychef, did you update to 13.3?
I used your EFI (OpenCore 0.90), all worked fine but after todays update to 13.3 the won’t boot.
The logo is there a few seconds, then disk activity stops, 20 sec later reboot :(

Any ideas?

No. I have not updated yet. I've been out all day...

Back